Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need HELP!

F

FordNoMore!

Hello Folks, need some Help,got a show in two days and all of a sudden my battery keeps draining,I noticed it last night ,so I jumped it , thinking maybe I left the radar detector on for a few days,but I checked this morning and it is drained again, all I hear is a clicking type noise inside the car beneath the glovebox on the dash,or at least it sounds like its coming from there,This is happening when the vehicle is not on, radar detector off and fan swith off,what could be draining the battery like this,when I jump it and get it running its volts are normaol 14-14.2,got a new alternator also,only about a month old,thanx for the Help Folks ,Much appreciated.:beer

That clicking you hear under the glovebox is a relay which isn't getting the proper voltage due to the low battery condition.
I've heard it on my own ZR when my battery failed.
Sometimes the underhood lights will stay on and drain the battery overnight.
My guess is it's perhaps time for a new battery! Could have a bad cell!

Battery was tested and is Good,I also have the under hood light switch and it was off,Yep that clicking is the relay not getting enough voltage,thanx, I guess I wasnt thinking,lol, But I took it to the dealer, who knows what the heck they will charge, I dred taking it to the Dealer,because I know once they open the hood they are going to poke around and make all my detailing go down the drain,oh well, I guess we will see what happens, thanx for the input

Too funny , I take the battery to autozone where it was originally purchased, and they say the battery is good, and that something is draining the battery, i then take it to the Chevy dealer,its was there for two friggin days, and they tell me nothing is draining the battery, and that the battery is bad,so I take it back to Autozone again, and they positively say it isnt the battery,and of course they wont exchange it because Im not the original purchaser,It was in the car when I purchased It,,,,,,Hmmmmm I wonder who is right, well I went to checker and purchased a Exide Nascar Battery,so i guess I will see what happens,if it drains, The Darn dealer is going to hear about It, 75 buks is 75 buks, plus I explained to the service guy not to PLEASE drive the car through any water, due to me just detailing everything, and By God the whole underside and panels are dirty,needless to say that is why I never want to take my vehicle to any dealer,I know they are not all alike ,but Cmon.Have fun :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom