Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Immediate opinion..90 ZR1

• Thread starter Thread starter karfever
  • Start date Start date
K

karfever

I have been bidding on a 90 on Ebay. Tommorow I am supposed to fly down and meet the seller..to buy the car.
1990 Red on tan, 22K All options, near mint condition for 23K. I have read about depressed values etc, but this seems fair to me.
You valued opinions PLEASE!!!!

Thanks all!

90ZR1

I have a buddy that just bought 90ZR1 for 18000.But it had 75000. miles on it.He also said they had put new shocks,water pump,starter,and front tires. He also said that he really loves the car and it has plenty of power and will burn rubber.

Sound's good to me.

Sounds good to me, I paid 29 for mine a year and a half ago it is a '91 and had 29K miles on it.

Heavily modified though ;)

You'll have a blast, excellent bang for the buck.

Rick =)

karfever --- You valued opinions PLEASE!!!!

Print out this checklist if you havent done so already.

CORVETTE BUYER'S EVALUATION FORM

Please make sure to have the car inspected by a reliable VETTE source for any hidden concerns.

There was a 92 ZR1 at a local dealership here for $11,9 and one day I finally went to go see it and it was a "lemon" the engine was replaced 3 times in the first 20k miles. It was almost worth it to buy the car, but with the "lemon" mystique, I didnt want to have a $12,000 piece of decoration for my driveway.

JASON *** MAGNECOR IGNITION WIRES FOR SALE!!!

1979 L-82 - BLACK/BLACK - T-TOPS - B&M AUTO

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*
POLYURETHANE FRONT END - EXHAUST

LEEJANDZ said:
Print out this checklist if you havent done so already.

CORVETTE BUYER'S EVALUATION FORM

Please make sure to have the car inspected by a reliable VETTE source for any hidden concerns.

There was a 92 ZR1 at a local dealership here for $11,9 and one day I finally went to go see it and it was a "lemon" the engine was replaced 3 times in the first 20k miles. It was almost worth it to buy the car, but with the "lemon" mystique, I didnt want to have a $12,000 piece of decoration for my driveway.

JASON *** MAGNECOR IGNITION WIRES FOR SALE!!!

1979 L-82 - BLACK/BLACK - T-TOPS - B&M AUTO

@

For 11,900 I have a nice engine for that baby. Do they still have the car ?? Contact ??

If its well taken care of and clean - sounds like a good deal. Turn the key on, and wait - after a little while you'll hear the secondary pump cycle on for a few seconds - how long is the key - if 30 seconds or more between cycles, then you won't need to pull the plenum to fix a vacuum leak - if less than 10 seconds between cycles, then the plenum will need to be pulled soon - tell the seller this, and chop 1000.00 off the price!! There are a few things to watch out for - this one is easy to check - and you really don't want to have to trace down a vacuum leak immediately after taking delivery - unless you save 1000.00!!! Then, we can guide you through it easily!!:_rock

Sounds like a good price if the car checks out. I offered 25K for a 90 zr1 with 10k mikes. Told the seller he had to fix a few things & he never got his act together so the deal went undone. I ended up with a cherry 96 LT4 for 18K.

In a way I'm very happy. In the back of my mind I had concerns re: the age of the zr1. Even with low miles stuff like seals & vacuum lines just go bad. My 96 will have many less problems (I hope)

Also there's the issue of parts & finding a qualified mechanic to do stuff. With exclusivity there is a price. The lt4 engine is , of course, also unique (1 year) but much more "regular".

This is not to discourage you, I'd LOVE a ZR1. Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck!

Also ck zr1 net for sale cars.

I've got to believe prices are soft. I think my LT4 should have gone for 20 to 24k if it weren't for current events & the economy.
Serious cash buyers should be really in the drivers seat at this time.

If everything is like you say it is as far as condition and it runs like a champ,the price is not too bad...JERRY

I bought the car. It is near mint showing wear that you would expect from a 5000 mile car. I see where the rear tires may wear out soon, but WHAT FUN!!!!!!!
Thanks for everyones help!

Post some pics when you get the chance. Congratulations!:beer :dance :_rock :m

That's great, your first Vette?

No, this is not my first Corvette, but my first ZR-1. I have had a 60. 65. 70. 72. 73. and one new 94. I have been into muscle cars and such for the last 25 years or so.
The purchase of a ZR-1 was made because I am just so bored with all the musle cars and cannot see the value based on todays prices, (+35K).
What better value than a nice older ZR-1? A 60K plus purchase price in 1990 dollars, I can buy it with 22000 miles for 23k, and have fun each time I drive it, go anywhere and have the best engineering of it's day to enjoy. Needless to say I am very pleased with this purchase.

Congrats :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom