Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need music

Blue 88

Corvette
1988 med. blue Coupe
I have an after market stereo that does not work in my 88. Can I just go buy a stereo that will fit in the dash, hook it up to red power and put some speakers in the back ? Will it work?;shrug

All I know is that aftermarket radios dont work well witht the C4 Vette... If I was in that position, I would get an original radio that is new/rebuilt...

Thats what I would do...:cool

when i bought my car they had the stock stereo pulled out and had some cheap head unit in it.

so put an alpine head unit along with 2 8'' bazooka subs, 5 1/4 boston acoustics speakers and 2 alpine amps.

as long as you get a head unit that will fit in there you should be fine, as long as you know some basic wiring skills. along with the red wire, you will also need to hook up the ground, ignition turn on, power antenna, and speaker wires.

I have an after market stereo that does not work in my 88. Can I just go buy a stereo that will fit in the dash, hook it up to red power and put some speakers in the back ? Will it work?;shrug

there are some wiring issues that involve resistors on the radio if its not stock or you can scramble yer interor somhow....
as you can tell i cant describe it, but i know its a bad thing unless you hire a professional..:w

That's what I 've heard. I don't want to be messing anything up! Thanks for your reply. Nice vette.

:beer

Blue 88: I have a 93 that the radio unit took a dump. Searched around and found that Dr. Don's had an excellent reputation. Had to take the radio/cd unit out myself and ship it to his shop - easy job. My unit was returned in a few days and has worked great ever since. They also sell as well as service Corvette radios. Here's their web address: Corvette Radio

Good luck! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom