Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need photo of C1 '60 with fuel injection emblem on fender...

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
anyone have some photos of a 60 with the Fuel Injection Emblem on the fender.....I need some pictures and also where (dimensionally) it is on the fender.....

thanks, Herb

I was looking in Noland's book and it appears that there is an instruction in the upper panel section of the AIM. I took measurements once but can't find the note.

Looking through the Corvette parts houses I don't even see any FI nameplates listed. Where did you find them?

I was looking in Noland's book and it appears that there is an instruction in the upper panel section of the AIM. I took measurements once but can't find the note.

Looking through the Corvette parts houses I don't even see any FI nameplates listed listed. Where did you find them?
I found NOS at Paragon.....not listed even on the web site. I called them and they had a few sets left. I can tell you they are not cheap!

Cranes Corvettes has a set on EBay at a pretty good price for a pair, but I had sent them an email asking questions about the parts. Got no answer. I have not heard very much good about them, so I passed on the parts. Everything looks good in a photo on EBay, heck my '60 looked like it was all ready restored :rotfl . I had asked a few basic questions to which I got no answer, hence I went ahead and paid more for them, but got them from Paragon.

I will need to find out exactly where they go. As you know I am putting EFI in my '60, hence the emblems....

Is there a difference in the crossed flags between FI and regular or are they the same? The ones on the side of the car.

I believe all FI Vettes had the same script and location from 58-61. This may help expand your search. Exact fender location I cannot help you with.

The chevy body mouldings and attaching parts manual has a view
of where they go. No measurements there. I looked on mine,
which i haven't started reassembling and the holes have been
covered. But.....the inner wheel wells still have the remains of the
holes. if you need, i'll make you a templet in a few days.

rick

The chevy body mouldings and attaching parts manual has a view
of where they go. No measurements there. I looked on mine,
which i haven't started reassembling and the holes have been
covered. But.....the inner wheel wells still have the remains of the
holes. if you need, i'll make you a templet in a few days.

rick
a template and photos would be GREAT!!!!! there are no holes in mine. it was never a fuelie, but because of the EFI I am putting in it, I want to put the badge on.....

your help is exactly what the doctor ordered!!!

thanks, Herb

It looks like you have the info needed, I went to a small Corvette gathering in Folsom CA (near Sacramento CA) Saturday, approx 40-50 1973 and older cars plus some newer Corvettes nearby. A 58 fuelie was there and I was able to take some photos with a tape measure in the frame. If interested, send me an e-mail address so I can forward the photos to you. I'll try to post all of the photos on this site in the near future.
C Ya, Joseph Rock
Frankenstein 59

It looks like you have the info needed, I went to a small Corvette gathering in Folsom CA (near Sacramento CA) Saturday, approx 40-50 1973 and older cars plus some newer Corvettes nearby. A 58 fuelie was there and I was able to take some photos with a tape measure in the frame. If interested, send me an e-mail address so I can forward the photos to you. I'll try to post all of the photos on this site in the near future.
C Ya, Joseph Rock
Frankenstein 59
perfect....

htmiata99@aol.com

thank you very much!!!

Herb

Stop! Sent the templet for my 61 side emblems. (top and bottom
are bars and the middle is corvette). Nolan shows your 60 to only
have flags in this area. Pulled my emblems out and the Fuel Injection
is higher up. i still have the holes on one side so i'll make another
templet. these stayed the same from 58 to 62.

rick

Stop! Sent the templet for my 61 side emblems. (top and bottom
are bars and the middle is corvette). Nolan shows your 60 to only
have flags in this area. Pulled my emblems out and the Fuel Injection
is higher up. i still have the holes on one side so i'll make another
templet. these stayed the same from 58 to 62.

rick
too funny....I knew something just didnt look right....thanks!!! Can you also provide a photo?

thanks, Herb

Herb, we'll make you the templet keeper. lol

rick

Herb, we'll make you the templet keeper. lol

rick
too funny.....it is a lot of pressure.....I will do my best....this is the third request I have had.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom