Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Recommendation for New Shocks

L

luvmy82

I need to know your opinion on new shocks that I would like to install on my 1982 CE.

When I bought the car, the seller said that he installed new shocks. This was indeed the case when I crawled underneath to take a look, and my mechanic said they were new as well. However, I got to admit, eventhough they are new, the ride in this car absolutely SUCKS! I mean we're talking rattling your fillings loose when you go over bumps type of a ride! The whole dash shakes too. Does anyone out there with a CE experience the same thing? Is this typical of a CE?

Now, I haven't really taken a gander at the shocks to see if they were adjustable. But, if they aren't they definately have to go.

What are some recommendations for top of the line shocks?

I went with the Gas-a-Just on the 82 and love em. Good shock at a good price. Good handling but not a stiff ride.
Hope it helps.
Carlo

Koni adjustable (Classic series)

I installed the AC Delco Reacteks late last year on my 82. Reasonably priced . . . got 'em thru ZIPs--around $100 for 4, as I remember. They had a deal at the time. Quite an improvement over the shocks (relatively new) that were in the car when I bought it.

im guessing by the decription of your ride, they are probably high performace shocks. i would say check to see if they are adjustable first....then if not, get some Koni adjustables.

I went to the ZIP website and they have AC Delco Road Response shocks. I thought that the Reactec was there new shock? I have heard good thing about Reactec shocks...what up with the Road Respose shock?

I put Bilstien's on all four corners of mine. Great high performance shocks put they are a little rough for everyday driving. If you want to be able to turn like a race car then these are good shocks for you.

AC Delco Reac-tech

they are a great improvement to mine .......less than $200 installed.....best investment this season!:bu

mvftw said:
I went to the ZIP website and they have AC Delco Road Response shocks. I thought that the Reactec was there new shock? I have heard good thing about Reactec shocks...what up with the Road Respose shock?
the sales rep told me that the reac-tech have replaced the performer series....not sure about road response...what an awsome diffrence in ride and performance....:w

Sorry . . . I remember now that when I tried to order the ReacTec's, I was told that the Road Response had replaced them as ACDelco's new premium shock. It's the Road Response shocks that I wound up with. Still, the car rides great--and at a good price.

Cool, so the Road Response is Now AcDelco's top shock.

AC Delco Road Response Shocks..

Thanks guys, I have been looking for AC Delco replacement shocks for my '79 for awhile and this offer by ZIP will work fine. I just made my order with them online.

The site was very easy to use.

I would imagine that my shocks need replacing as they are the original shocks and there are just a few specs of black paint on any of them!

Koni adjustables all the way....... only thing that kept the springs from bottming the car out all the time..... love em

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom