Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need some help...how do I get this off?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Working on the trim on my C1 and I can't figure out where the fastener goes through the fender and more importantly, how do I get to it so I can take it off? I know this shouldn't be difficult, but it is not obvious to me either....so...can any one point me the right direction?

IMG_2094-vi.jpg

my finger is pointing to the last trim fastener that is on each fender....how the heck do I find the end of it so I can take the nut off and get this off the car?

Also, was working on getting the windshield off the car....finally got it...but you sure have to work in a confined area....Sharon couldn't resist and out with the camera she came....
IMG_2095-vi.jpg

Working on the trim on my C1 and I can't figure out where the fastener goes through the fender and more importantly, how do I get to it so I can take it off? I know this shouldn't be difficult, but it is not obvious to me either....so...can any one point me the right direction?

IMG_2094-vi.jpg

my finger is pointing to the last trim fastener that is on each fender....how the heck do I find the end of it so I can take the nut off and get this off the car?

I can't remember. I took mine off in 1971. :eyerole

I can't remember. I took mine off in 1971. :eyerole
someone told me to get the kick panel off...already did that...if they mean the panel right by your foot....had to do that to get to the spears.....this is like in the fender, like no mans land.....how do I get there?

Herb

I cant help you with find the clip.

but I can save your back.

This is a bench I made,somebodyelses design .for when working up under the dash

this gives you some support so your back is not hanging out over the door frame.

Easey to make,

image.jpg

I took a look inside my car. Looking inside the kick panel area directly above the holes where the side spears were you can see the bonding strip that joins the side cove panel to the fender. The lip of the bonding strip runs straight foward until you get towards the front then there is a raised half cirlcle just before it hits the inner fender panel. The hole you seek is in the middle of that raised half circle. May be covered with sealer. If you don't find it I'll shoot a pic for you.

Tom

I took a look inside my car. Looking inside the kick panel area directly above the holes where the side spears were you can see the bonding strip that joins the side cove panel to the fender. The lip of the bonding strip runs straight foward until you get towards the front then there is a raised half cirlcle just before it hits the inner fender panel. The hole you seek is in the middle of that raised half circle. May be covered with sealer. If you don't find it I'll shoot a pic for you.

Tom
best shoot me a pic...it seems that where I want to go there is a fiberglass cover over that area...thought I could take out two bolt/screws out but that didn't work...I would have to bust through the glass to get there....hmmm....I see the bonding strip you talk about, but I can't get to that point where it is close to the wheel opening....I wil have to take a pic and post it...

ok...here is the back side with the kick pad removed....you can see the holes in the side of the car for the spears to be attached...but I can't find this last connection point to take off....seems to me that it is back behind the panel that the arrow is pointing at, but that panel is glassed in place...can I get to it if I take the heater out? will that let me slip my hands up under that area behind that wall?

IMG_6130-vi.jpg

trim removal

That is an (s) snap clip there. Just pry the trim off. The clip is held on by a screw (Flat screwdriver) if it is original. You can remove the clip after you remove the moulding. I have done a lot of these? When you put the trim back on don't hit it too hard or you will put a dimple in it from the screw head. Hope this helps.
Al whittier
Inca silver "59"

trim removal

I just noticed the picture again. This one is NOT the s clip. The s clip is at the rear. Sorry!

It's right underneath the arrow in your picture. My pic is a little dark but you can see the dot just off the point of the arrow and the half circle cut out in the lower edged of the bonding strip.

Here. I brightened up the picture.

ecba9ea5.jpg

Bubba has been in here.....there is almost like a stud put in there there are two holes through the fender, one that goes straight through and the other that has this thinga-ma-bobby through it....I will have to see if I can get plyers on it and turn it from the inside....nothing is ever easy...I am glad that I taking all the wiring out at the same time....what a mess....decided to just cut it all out since I was going with ALL new wiring....good bye rats nest of wires.....

figured out why...Bubba pop riveted the clip in place....my kind of guy!!! I hope I meet this bubba some day...would like to kick him in the a$$

Top Flight engineering for sure. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom