Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need some opinions on C4's please...

• Thread starter Freak Of Nature
  • Start date
Tuna said:
This has been said before but I'll say it again - buy the newest Vette you can afford.

With each year, improvements are made whether you can see them or not. Less squeaks and rattles for one. Ride improvements. Changes in the fuel management and OBDII computers (some don't think this is an improvememt!). In the C4, the later LT1/LT4's have the vented OptiSpark - a plus. If you can afford a 96 LT4, go that way. The LT4 is a real hot rod. The LT1 is a pretty solid motor also and can be upgraded in the power department easy enough.

I'm keeping my 92. It's my first Vette and has significant meaning for me and it's upgraded to LT4 plus power. And I have 2003 Vette in the garage next to it.
How hard was it to convert to a lt4 from a lt1?

92 is a good year ofcourse because of the LT1 in 94 they were further refined in the interior. I will be in the market myself for a C4 and I think the 94-96 will be my focus.That`s not to say I would pass up a 89-91 if it were exceptional in condition and stlyle.I do agree the L98 isn`t a bad little street engine.

brewshill2003 said:
What is this bull about age. When I am in the vette I am an 18 year old trapped in a 57 year old body. We boys need our toys.
:_rock I agree... The age thing goes out that window when you climb behind the wheel...

I just bought a C4 and did as allot of these memebers where saying.. Take your time and get the newest lowest mileage Vette you Can.. I got luckey and got a 96 with 29k miles on it.. went a little over what I wanted to pay but it is spottless and Fun Fun Fun......

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom