Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need suggestions for getting a modified 1982 corvette registered in CA

to replace all the parts that are missing ,should be less than $1000.find a donor junk yard car .or most parts can be found on flea bay.

parts

to replace all the parts that are missing ,should be less than $1000.find a donor junk yard car .or most parts can be found on flea bay.

You will need more than $1,000 and get yourself a 1982 Corvette Factory CD or factory manual so you can locate all the emmission parts you need.

the crossfire, the ECU parts, EGR parts, air pump etc etc.

New Cat converter and exhaust and some of those parts you can get brand new through Ecklers and Ricks Corvette. Mid America has a few items... you really need the Manuals!!!!!! invaluable.. you can get some information from the Chiltons but factory manuals are a must when restoring like this.

Good luck, but....

If I were in your shoes I would be asking myself this::confused
Which do I love more...the weather or the vette?

Wrap your ass in Fiberglass....Leave CA and keep the vette. You never get your first car back.

STW
:beer

Good luck, but....

If I were in your shoes I would be asking myself this::confused
Which do I love more...the weather or the vette?

Wrap your ass in Fiberglass....Leave CA and keep the vette. You never get your first car back.

STW
:beer

Very insightful.

Luckily, the car is safe where it is. Hopefully it will stay that way until I either move or have the money to get it out here.

I have the GM assembly manual and the factory service manuals. They're already the 2nd best purchases i made.

Another thought....Now this cost me about $150/yr.....

When I lived in Dallas I had an 81 that I bought from a kid in Arkanasa w/ no emissions. I tagged the car in Tennessee w/ my parents address and enjoyed the hell out of driving it in Texas.

The $150/yr was when I would get pulled over for something....like speeding....and handed the cop a Texas drivers license w/ a Tennesse registration.

Registration violation.:mad

Just another creative idea.....:happyanim:

STW
:beer CHEERS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom