Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need your input-see pics

FC4pilot

Hi folks, here I am again. For those who have not seen my previous post:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ussion/115846-newbie-here-buy-not-1992-a.html
I am in the market for a C4. I have found one in a very good shape but the owner has installed after market leather seats and he wants to keep them. Instead install the stock seats for the asking price. Here are the pics from the stock ones. Can you tell me if these seats are easy to restore-dye or anything else? The other solution is the seat covers-cloth etc. but I do not like this idea.
Thanks in advance for you input.

The seats in my 91 were in similar condition and the foam was compressed from the years of use. I bought new leather mounted on foam from Mid America for a good price. I guess you could use leather dye if you don't want to replace with new.:beer

Thanks-Few more pics

I will test drive the car next week with the stock seats. A pic from the after market seats-he claims he paid $1600!! Is this true? One more issue with the car is that the AC is not working. Any idea of the repair cost?
BTW-1991 L98 with 130xxx. Any known issues with L98?
Thanks again

IMGP4177.jpg

I will test drive the car next week with the stock seats. A pic from the after market seats-he claims he paid $1600!! Is this true? One more issue with the car is that the AC is not working. Any idea of the repair cost?
BTW-1991 L98 with 130xxx. Any known issues with L98?
Thanks again

$1,600?

Where there's one pile, there's another. Walk with caution, and take another pair of socks.

bsflag.gif

nobull.gif

man-holding-his-nose-because-of-a-bad-smell-cb027636.jpg

FC4pilot, I will say that those seats look very similar to the ones in my 94 when I got it. Those bolster areas look normal for the use. As long as there are no tears, rips or loose seams they can be redyed. Not a terribly hard project, but a little time consuming. I went out to Leatherique.com and read a lot, looked at the pictures, etc, then decided to try it myself. Remember my bolsters looked very much like yours to begin with. Here were the results.

Corvetteseatsredye008.jpg

Corvetteseatsredye012.jpg

Corvetteseatsredye010.jpg

Several people here saw the results in person LT4Man, Rascal_Rascal, Scottsvette and can attest to how nice they looked. The way I figured was I wasn't out much (under $100) if it didn't work. The only thing that I would recommend to do differently than what I did, is buy the clear sealant to go on over the dye. I believe that it makes the job look better.

Nobody, but nobody, parks a Corvette that far forward in a parking space that has a barrier in front.

Originally Posted by Florida Guy
Nobody, but nobody, parks a Corvette that far forward in a parking space that has a barrier in front.

Haha... I said the same thing when I saw that! Was that you parking it or was that the owner? I would be extra careful with that car if the owner parked that way. Who knows what it means about how he takes care of the car...

As for the seats, I would not worry too much becasue they are the least of your problems. If everything else is good, and the car is a good price, the seats can be fixed! MidAmerica just sent me an email about a special they have on seats. You should check it out!:cool

Good Luck

Haha... I said the same thing when I saw that! Was that you parking it or was that the owner? I would be extra careful with that car if the owner parked that way. Who knows what it means about how he takes care of the car...

As for the seats, I would not worry too much becasue they are the least of your problems. If everything else is good, and the car is a good price, the seats can be fixed! MidAmerica just sent me an email about a special they have on seats. You should check it out!:cool

Good Luck

I totally agree with your observation(s). I had the same question when I looked at the picture before posting. The other thing I did not like was the dirty engine. Well as I said I am taking another exhaustive look early next week, and I will let you know.

It's not difficult at all. Total time was probably 3 hours...but it was spread out out over a few days. You can do it.

It's not difficult at all. Total time was probably 3 hours...but it was spread out out over a few days. You can do it.

Thanks for the pics and info, but that depends upon buying her.

That's under stood, but if that was/is an issue as to whether or not you buy, I would not worry about that.:thumb

Good Luck

I AGREE! BOUGHT MY 87 A YEAR AGO AND PICKED UP NEW LEATHER MOUNTED SEATS FROM ECKLERS. LET ME TELL YOU IF I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN I WOULD NOT CHANGE THE OLD SEATS THEY WERE STILL IN GOOD COND. I STILL AVE THEM AND I MIGHT PUT THEM BACK IN. WHY U SAY, WELL BECAUSE THE NEW ONES R JUST TO STIFF AND KNOWING NOW WHAT I KNOW SEEING OTHER VETTES AND TALKING TO OTHER GUYS-IF THE SEATS ARE IN GOOD SHAPE AND THE PICS SEEM SO. LEAVE THEM OR PUT SEAT COVERS ON THEM. GOOD LUCK! PAULIE:w

we probably all did it ONCE..but no corvette guy or gal would ever ram it like that..this shows a lack of respect for the vette...
buyer beware.!!

95 CORVETTE chrome rims/sounds/tv/dvd
like i keep sayin..
los angeles is the bargin capital of the world on older corvettes..
check the los angeles craigs list it will make you crazy..
for the money you could fly out and drive home...
im jus sayin
what better way to celebrate you new ride.?

What is up with the dude hitting the curb, total curb rash ouch!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom