Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need your opinion

S

secondchance

Well, with bad alternator I figured I might as well pull the plenum. While I'm at it I was thinking about replacing coil packs and ignition wires. The ZR-1 has about 65,00 miles and original coil packs and wires.
Any of you had coil pack go bad? If so at what mileage.
Thanks for the input.

secondchance said:
Well, with bad alternator I figured I might as well pull the plenum. While I'm at it I was thinking about replacing coil packs and ignition wires. The ZR-1 has about 65,00 miles and original coil packs and wires.
Any of you had coil pack go bad? If so at what mileage.
Thanks for the input.
I think I have something going on with my coil packs because I still have a slight stumble, I have been lazy and havent replaced them but mine started acting up at around 35,000 miles.

Does anyone here know how I can test the coil packs with a multimeter?

phrogs said:
I think I have something going on with my coil packs because I still have a slight stumble, I have been lazy and havent replaced them but mine started acting up at around 35,000 miles.

Does anyone here know how I can test the coil packs with a multimeter?
I need that info too.

You can test the coil packs through the plug wires "paired," with an ohms meter. Ref: cylinders 5&8, 4&7, 1&6, 2&3, they should read under 20 ohms over 20 ohms to infinity bad. This has been posted on the forums before. Good luck, Dave Hardwick.

Well, talking it over w/ Ron Kreigh, I decided to replace all coil packs and ignition wires. Hopefully this will get rid of occassional stuble and annoying pinging at around 2000 rpm.

secondchance said:
Well, talking it over w/ Ron Kreigh, I decided to replace all coil packs and ignition wires. Hopefully this will get rid of occassional stuble and annoying pinging at around 2000 rpm.
Who did you get the coil packs through?

Who ever invents an alternator that will work on the LT5 that can last more than 10k miles is gonna be a rich man. These Delco alt. suck.

8388 said:
Who ever invents an alternator that will work on the LT5 that can last more than 10k miles is gonna be a rich man. These Delco alt. suck.

My LT5 has its original alternator at 62000 miles.

Also, FYI, the CS144 used on LT5s is user "rebuildable".

try www.worldparts.com super search. They have 5-6 dealers e-mail you back. P & G Chevorlet is where I acually bought from, $32 and change per.

Hib Halverson said:
My LT5 has its original alternator at 62000 miles.

Also, FYI, the CS144 used on LT5s is user "rebuildable".

They don't seem to like sustained super high speeds too well. I bought into the Delco lifetime warranty program. This is one item where the warranty has paid off nicely.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom