Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! neutral switch and shift lever in park

T

TMPJoe

Well.. I have been chasing a "hot no start" for some time.

Tonight my wife broke down and I had to go get her. Car would not restart. the headers were cooled down and barely warm to the touch.

The shift lever moves from park through all gears without the key in the car and the steering wheel locked. Mmmmm ..

could this be the neutral safety switch mechanism or could it be something in the shift lever?

Its kind of wierd. I finally got it to fire not sure if it just cooled more or if it was from playing with the vacuum line to the transmission (Mine is a high temp fuel line not the original hard line.)

She shut if off early and the headlights were open. Makes me think somehow the key/lock system is fudged. She said the key was stuck but it came out for me...

any thoughts are welcome.. i am going to have to get at this this winter

Is the backdrive (transmission-to-steering column lever) interlock cable intact and properly adjusted?

:beer

Is the backdrive (transmission-to-steering column lever) interlock cable intact and properly adjusted?

:beer

Hey John. I have to get an actual manual. I have the Haynes which served me well until this point. I have no idea where that cable is. I assume its a nasty one that runs in the tunnel and back under the dash somewhere.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom