Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...never had the coffee, I went for the cars!

Thank you. The Aussies built (and still do) nice cars. Try to check out a Monaro GTS sometime. Say, a '67 with 327. Looks like a scaled down '66-'67 Chevelle, but bigger than a Corvair Monza. Those were neat cars. :cool

Rick
:gap

Thank you. The Aussies built (and still do) nice cars. Try to check out a Monaro GTS sometime. Say, a '67 with 327. Looks like a scaled down '66-'67 Chevelle, but bigger than a Corvair Monza. Those were neat cars. :cool

Rick
:gap

Back on (Callaway) track, here is an Aussie Callaway (Holden) :cool

O GTS é o mais bravo dos HSV: com motor V8 preparado pela Callaway, chega a 408 cv de potência e rivaliza em desempenho com o BMW M5, referência em sedã esportivo

Did Callaway make any aero parts for the Holdens?

Very nice pics!! Must have been pretty cool to be there with all those unique cars! I like the rare Ford RS 200. I've only read about that car. The black Ferrari is that a 308 or a 512bb. 512 was my first thought. Of course, how can you not be impressed with the Enzo. And a 1954 Mercedes 300SL "Gullwing"!!!!!! :cool

Thanks again for sharing!

Jim

Very nice pics!! Must have been pretty cool to be there with all those unique cars! I like the rare Ford RS 200. I've only read about that car. The black Ferrari is that a 308 or a 512bb. 512 was my first thought. Of course, how can you not be impressed with the Enzo. And a 1954 Mercedes 300SL "Gullwing"!!!!!! :cool

Thanks again for sharing!

Jim

Jim, the gullwing Merc was probably the coolest of the older cars there - simply STUNNING! :eek

The 512bb brought back memories of Sammy Hagar and the old 55mph speed limits :ugh and obviously, the RS 200 was an attention getter! Never had seen one before - esp. on the road.

With guys there like Gurney, Maguiar, Saleen, and the designer of the Vector named Weigert, it was an amazing time! A lot of big names (internally) at Ford were also present to make this happen - It is a must-do in your lifetime event! :lou

I found some more pics from this event, see this link here:
http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/cruise_nights/cruise_nights_2006/cars--coffee-at-the/
the spotted pantera was interesting
sCoffeeatFordPAGMazdaCampus009-vi.jpg

strangely I see no Callaways in this album

"Interesting" is a good way to put it. That one doesn't do anything for me at all (other than it being a Pantera). I also notice that, despite there being several people around the car in the photo, nobody is actually looking at the Pantera. Apparently it doesn't do much for them either...

"Interesting" is a good way to put it. That one doesn't do anything for me at all (other than it being a Pantera). I also notice that, despite there being several people around the car in the photo, nobody is actually looking at the Pantera. Apparently it doesn't do much for them either...

Jon, I couldn't agree more :cool

...now THIS is a Pantera :upthumbs

122306CarsCoffee190-vi.jpg

I also notice that, despite there being several people around the car in the photo, nobody is actually looking at the Pantera.

Because it's to well camouflaged! :rotfl

Groeten Peter.

I hear that San Jose has their own version of this - for those in the Bay Area, this is on Sat. mornings :cool

I recently found out we have one of these in Scottsdale as well, on the last Saturday of each month. I haven't made it over there yet, but when I do I'll post photos.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom