Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new 06 orderd... tracking number??

My coupe is scheduled to be built the week of 4/24. I have emailed Kevin for info on the plant tour the day it is being built. Thanks for the info. mperrysr

Waiting 4 car.

I too am on the wait list. My dealer has used a different term - preference (spelling?). He said that I have received my preference. He said that it meant GM had accepted the order and locked it in -- no changes could be made. We are now waiting for a build date which should be listed soon.

My dealer (Appleway Chevrolet, Spokane, WA -- no, this is not an ad) has been up-front about the wait time. We seem to be on target to receive the car about when he said when I put down my deposit.

As I understand the process, the dealer gets allocations pretty much based on quantity of Corvettes he has sold in the past. My dealer has probably sold close to zero so my wait time is loooooooong. I ordered on 12/6/05 - hope to see the car some time in May. The real down side is I will be getting an 06 vehicle at the end of the model year so the car will really depreciate as I drive it off the lot. BUT, I knew all of this up-front.

There are quite a few dealers throughout the country that sell large quantities of Corvettes, and therefore have large allocations.

After looking locally and becoming completely discusted with the dealers here and their outrageous prices, I ordered from a very large dealer in Michigan who sells over 50 new Corvettes a month.

They can deliver a new ordered car in eight or nine weeks, and they do this on a regular basis. No bs, no lies, no deception.

I also got the car at the gmid price, which is $500.00 over invoice. The car will be shipped from Bowling Green directly to a local dealer for a courtesy delivery. Cost about $300.00.

I highly recommend that any prospective new Corvette purchasers pursue this avenue if you cannot get a real order at a reasonable price locally.

jonsflavette said:
Getting very impatient, yet excited on the new 06 vert. I ordered feb 28th. I called the dealer today, not wanting to be a PITA, he said "should be soon, we'll let you konw" I (think) I remember someone posting that they got a tracking number, I may be wrong. Is there anyway I can check on the car without dealing with the "salesman"?? Nothing aganist sales-people, I am one also - LOL
I can run your order # if the issue is not resolved....
corvetteconti@yahoo.com
good luck

corvetteconti said:
I can run your order # if the issue is not resolved....
corvetteconti@yahoo.com
good luck

Thank You for your help. I am actully (as of friday the 14th) finally in good progress. I am at a 3300 status, with a TPW of 5/1/06. I am so relieved I jumped out of the 1100 status where it was for quite sometime, I just wanted to see movement, and now I have that. I wonder how long a TPW of 5/1 will take to hit the dealer delivered (west palm beach Fl.) feeilng better, any ideas on anticipated arrival? Thanks for all the help that has been provided on this issue, Jon :) :D

I ordered a Monterey Red MX0, 3LT, U3U, F55, on Monday April 3rd from a dealer in north Dallas. I called yesterday and I was at code "3300". They told me my build date was the week of the April 24th, and I should take delivery by June 12th. This will be about a 5 week order to delivery. I ordered a C4 in '95 from Hudiburg Chevy in Midwest City OK and it took 9 weeks.

06 COUPE said:
I ordered a Monterey Red MX0, 3LT, U3U, F55, on Monday April 3rd from a dealer in north Dallas. I called yesterday and I was at code "3300". They told me my build date was the week of the April 24th, and I should take delivery by June 12th. This will be about a 5 week order to delivery. I ordered a C4 in '95 from Hudiburg Chevy in Midwest City OK and it took 9 weeks.

5 weeks is more than I would have thought. Then again alot better than 9 weeks, right? For some reason I was thinking about mid/late May on a 5/1 TPW, I guess I am once again bein to optimistic.

Sorry I meant delivery by May 19th. Went a month too far. My screw up!!!!

My order number is JZRD7N. I was told by Kevin at BG that my car goes online 4/21 and will be produced on 4/24. If you can check to verify, that would be great. I'm hoping to get the car within 10 days after? Is this too optimistic? mperrysr

mperrysr said:
My order number is JZRD7N. I was told by Kevin at BG that my car goes online 4/21 and will be produced on 4/24. If you can check to verify, that would be great. I'm hoping to get the car within 10 days after? Is this too optimistic? mperrysr

Very cool! Well, with all our *****in, It looks like we are both gonna be alright. You beat me by a week:L :mad I think the 10 days is about right. I know of 3 people that recently got theirs in approx: 3-5 days at the dealer after it was built, some not as quick. I think 10 days is a fair guesstimate, Keep us posted. Mine builds the first week in may, 5/1 tpw, that's a mon. I thinking it will be "built" by the that wed. or so. I am thinking about may 15th or so (a long month to wait) I am already driving my new (first) wife nuts! We married this month 4/1/06 yea, aprils fools day, hard to forget that date in the future. My first marriage after 41 years:confused :beer Her B-day is the 16th, she has warned me "if it shows up un the 16th, "it better not over-shadow her day" Yeah right......... :rotfl :beer

Have a happy anniversary. My anniversary is 9/11. Also a hard date to forget! 12 years and going strong! Her birthday is 5/17, so she may be getting 1/2 of the C6 on her day. Probably better not do that as well. I am driving her nuts also! I will post when I get delivered, hopefully by May
1st. Good luck with your c6. mperrysr

waterboy1976 said:
FE9 is the standard emissions, if you dont live in the NY,CA states etc. As far as order being "picked up" lets say you order a vette from me.. I put the order in with Chevrolet. The order gets accepted as a "preliminary" order. That "order" sits in the order bank with the dealer until Chevrolet allocates one for that dealer. Once one is allocated, the order moves from "preliminary" to "set for production" which is the time that the dealer receives the "TPW" target production week. Thats the week it will get built...
SO..........depending on what your dealer means by order getting picked up could mean two different things. If you ordered the end of Feb I would normally say youd have your car by the end of May but it also depends on how big the dealer is or if hes a small guy then when his allocation comes about....That order number is correct....matter in fact Ill go into dealerworld (a dealer website) and search the order number to explain exactly where the order is in the system....Ill do that tomorrow when I get to work for you.....

Hi Waterboy, my prelim order# is KBPSR6, would you mind looking that up on your dealer site for me?
Thanks Norm, "V-Yellow C6" coupe

mperrysr said:
Congrats on your new baby! Did you get the chrome wheels? mperrysr

No,I got the aluminum wheels. I got the 2LT package. I previously had a 94 coupe and it is remarkable the difference. The power band is so smooth that it is hard to keep it below 55 for the break in period. Have a great day.

Just got a reply email from Kevin Today about my order!! My car is being put on line April 26th may be completed that day, if not it will be completed on the 27th. Great news!

Kevin has mine pegged for production on 4/24. Hope to get delivery very soon after. I'm going nuts.

Corvette order

When you place a downpayment you are basically getting a place in line. The dealer then places an order. This is assuming that the dealer has an allocation. If, for example, the dealer does not have an allocation for a Z06 then he must find an allocation before they can place the order.

When you (through the dealer) get a VIN then you have a vehicle to be built. And usually a build date to go with it.

I doubt that an order number guarrantees you anything except maybe your money back if you don't get the car.

lar

Thought you might want to know

My coupe came off the line on Monday the 24th and was delivered to my dealer on Thursday afternoon. Picked it up shortly after. Only three days!!! Good luck with yours. Only have about 50 miles on her but can already tell that this is much more car than my ex-C5. C5 was a 6 speed. The paddles are a blast on this C6.
06 COUPE said:
Just got a reply email from Kevin Today about my order!! My car is being put on line April 26th may be completed that day, if not it will be completed on the 27th. Great news!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom