Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New C5 Owner - Beginning of a nightmare?

Hummmm

All that work on the engine and NOTHING to put it on the ground. I don't think the reliability question is about the car but the people that would make that much of a change to the engine and NOTHING to the drive train.

:confused

I'll have to agree with the others, and ....

...I'm fearful you'll not have a positive experience out of this. You want a car that you can "get on" far more than the designers intended, but still have Toyota-like reliability. But put a blower on that Japanese iron, don't modify the drive train, and then see what would happen to it....

It would seem that you've got much more muscle than means to put it to the ground.

Also, that the seller had a very good reason for getting rid of the car at only 3K miles. (As someone half-jokingly suggested, in quarter-mile increments.)

Please don't extend your bad experience to Corvettes in general: it's not the cars fault!

My over 38 years (Dec '63) CONTINUOUS experience with Corvettes has been POSITIVE. In that time I've not had anything near the serious problems you mention having in a month.

But mine have been left stock; which was fine with me, thank you. (But then, like "Vettepilot", I got thrills enough in military airplanes.) :s

In sum, my 'vettes have been pure fun and not the heartache, and you see why my CAC "handle" is ....

CORVETTES FOREVER! :upthumbs :upthumbs

All is said and done....

Well, I've finally gotten my baby back, and I must say, it runs way better than it did when I first purchased it. Although, it has only been a couple of weeks now, but I have gotten some good drive time in - still sounds kind of weird at low rpms (it's just not clean, and smooth sounding). When I'm cruising around 2500-3000rpms, it hums very nicely, but when I'm just starting out, or the rpms are low, it kind of bogs and has a weird non-clean/smooth sound to it. I guess everything can't be perfect. This vette does have some serious power though (500HP)!!! Lets hope it continues to run, maybe I'll have a good experience yet! I'm going to give it its first oil change this weekend. I must say C5's are awesome machines! I just want to pull up a chair, and sit and stare at it....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom