Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Callaway owner, but did I get ripped off?

jonstr

...because I didn't get a top with it! ;)

_b028667.jpg

_b028670.jpg

_b028676.jpg

_b028679.jpg

Just a few quick photos I shot this morning. Sorry about the reflection of the dorky photographer in that last one. :)

This is Speedster #007, and it was just delivered to my house late last night. I haven't been through the car completely yet, but so far it looks great (and with only 700 miles on it, it had better look great) except for needing a top to bottom cleaning and polishing. The hood release handle broke when I took these pictures. I do remember that happening on other C4s I've had, but I hope that isn't an omen of things to come. I took it out for a short drive this morning and it runs great.

I've loved these Speedsters since I first saw the green car back in '91. I can't believe I finally have one in my garage. :cool

You Da Man...

Congrats on the purchase...don't forget about us little guys...

Wwwooooww, you are so damn LUCKY!!
Of course we're lucky to, to have an active forum member with a Speedster in our mids.
Could you give us a color description about the interior color. As I see it, it looks like pink, but in the first photo it looks like liver, brownish..?
Good luck with your beauty! :)

Groeten Peter.

Jon, congrats on getting such an amazing Callaway Corvette - the Speedster is one of the most breathtaking cars EVER :cool

Looking forward to seeing the car in person at Carlisle, or may be sooner ;)
- Chris

:upthumbs

CONGRATULATIONS!....

Looks like a prime candidate for the next Callaway of the Month!...

Enjoy it

-Luigi
:cool

Excellent idea, Congrats on your new baby!

That is a very nice car. I like the color and the way it "changes".

Enjoy your Speedster. It looks like a fun ride. :upthumbs

Rick
:gap

Been waiting to see this post. It looks AWESOME!!!!

Congrats Jon :beer

Amazing! Beautiful purple!

Did Speedsters not come with a roof? The metallic red Superspeedster has one :confused

Thanks all. I spent some time going through the car today (and fixing that hood release-wow I'm out of practice working on C4's ) and no major surprises yet, I took it for a quick drive today & it runs great. I won't have a chance to really drive it until this weekend, but so far so good!

Could you give us a color description about the interior color. As I see it, it looks like pink, but in the first photo it looks like liver, brownish..?

Hmmm... Purple with liver interior. Strange that didn't catch on.:)Officially the colors are Purple Haze with Pink Clay, but I prefer to think of the interior as a a salmon color- I'm not sure I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive a car with pink interior.

The colors are a bit over the top, some (like my wife) would even call it awful, but I like it. The car also looks much better in person than it does in photos.

I'll bet that bad boy gets the looks at the gas pump huh?

I'd be looking for a new wife if she didn't like the color combo! :L

Then again... that may be why I'm single. :ugh

...well, you went about it the hard way, but you got your Series 500 Callaway afterall :cool

Yeah, how about that? That's not something that I expected. When I was looking for a Series 500 car, I was under the impression that there were around 10 or 12 (non-Speedsters) out there, but if some of the Speedsters were also Series 500 cars, then there would actually have been fewer than that.

Any idea how many of the Speedsters were Series 500's?

How are you going to go about cleaning the car since there is no roof? You can't very well take out the hose and spray it down... seems like a lot of work.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom