Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Callaway owner, but did I get ripped off?

hubba hubba hubba :drool: :drool: :drool:

I am speechless

I love that Purple haze color, guess what is my current wallpaper :)
when you have more pictures to share , PLEASE PLEASE \

before I forget, Congrats on this beautiful car.
are you sleeping in the garage now ?

How are you going to go about cleaning the car since there is no roof? You can't very well take out the hose and spray it down... seems like a lot of work.

Since I never drive my cars really in bad weather, I often wash my convertible w/ the top still down. It isn't a big deal - the glass just gets cleaned seperately. :cool

Besides, on a Speedster, the water just flows and rolls past the roof opening ;)

Yeah, how about that? That's not something that I expected. When I was looking for a Series 500 car, I was under the impression that there were around 10 or 12 (non-Speedsters) out there, but if some of the Speedsters were also Series 500 cars, then there would actually have been fewer than that.

Any idea how many of the Speedsters were Series 500's?

I know of another 500/Speedster

Hmmm... Purple with liver interior. Strange that didn't catch on.:)Officially the colors are Purple Haze with Pink Clay, but I prefer to think of the interior as a a salmon color- I'm not sure I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive a car with pink interior.

Salmon...or "melon". Still, awesome colors and a beautiful car. Congratulations, would love to see it in person-she is sweet.

Rick
:gap

Congrats Jon!! You are a very fortunate individual to have one of the very desirable Callaway Speedsters. I've always enjoyed seeing these cars and hope to soon hear more about this one! :) Here's to your future enjoyment of the new ride. If you truly think You got took on no top I'm sure I can find room for it in my new garage!! Ike

In my excitement about the car, I neglected to say a big thanks to everyone on this forum, especially Chris and Josh, for answering all my questions while I was researching, learning about, and looking at Callaways. The information here is amazing and I really appreciate the help.

Thanks again,
Jon

...because I didn't get a top with it! ;)

_b028667.jpg

_b028670.jpg

_b028676.jpg

_b028679.jpg

Just a few quick photos I shot this morning. Sorry about the reflection of the dorky photographer in that last one. :)

This is Speedster #007, and it was just delivered to my house late last night. I haven't been through the car completely yet, but so far it looks great (and with only 700 miles on it, it had better look great) except for needing a top to bottom cleaning and polishing. The hood release handle broke when I took these pictures. I do remember that happening on other C4s I've had, but I hope that isn't an omen of things to come. I took it out for a short drive this morning and it runs great.

I've loved these Speedsters since I first saw the green car back in '91. I can't believe I finally have one in my garage. :cool
Congrats and good luck! Just don't go to any predicted "rain-delay" games and you'll be just fine!

Charles :)

In my excitement about the car, I neglected to say a big thanks to everyone on this forum, especially Chris and Josh, for answering all my questions while I was researching, learning about, and looking at Callaways. The information here is amazing and I really appreciate the help.

Thanks again,
Jon

Jon, you are VERY welcome :cool :beer

Looking forward to meeting you at the upcoming events and seeing that car you got "ripped off" on ;) ;LOL

Thanks again,
Jon

Jon, youre most welcome. Im happy to have been able to help you during your search and purchase. I look forward to meeting you and see that ride in person. :beer

Josh

Hey Jon! All you need now is the Micro Machine toy to match! I stumbled upon this by accident a minute ago!
dcp_4074.jpg

Hey Jon! All you need now is the Micro Machine toy to match! I stumbled upon this by accident a minute ago!
dcp_4074.jpg

That's cool looking. I back-traced the site from the picture URL, but he doesn't have much info beyond the photos. I'll have to see if I can track down one of those. Thanks for the tip!

I found it on this website: http://m2museum.com/Cars/Chevrolet/Corvette/1980Corvette.htm

The person collects Micro Machines and posts the pictures up there. I think I have one of those Speedsters somewhere, but mine isn't purple I don't think. I know I have an LM... but unsure of the color. You could maybe ask the website owner what set the purple Speedster came in and check ebay.

I found it on this website: http://m2museum.com/Cars/Chevrolet/Corvette/1980Corvette.htm

The person collects Micro Machines and posts the pictures up there. I think I have one of those Speedsters somewhere, but mine isn't purple I don't think. I know I have an LM... but unsure of the color. You could maybe ask the website owner what set the purple Speedster came in and check ebay.

SurfnSun managed to scare one up on eBay and sent me a link. It should be on my doorstep in about a week. :beer

That's great! Good find!

You can see my orange with green interior Micro Machine Speedster in that topic about my C8 poster. I also have an LM that's silver with blue stripes.

Jon, if you are still having buyers remorse, let me know ;help :cool :beer
Thanks for the offer, but I'll survive. :D

Actually, the only thing I'm kind of regretting is buying a car I can't really drive and enjoy. What's keeping me from doing that is the low miles and it still being on the CO (can't register it without titling it).

So I guess I have two choices - either go ahead and title it so I can drive it once in a while, or buy another Callaway. The first option is the easiest, but I'll have to think hard about about what that means to the value of the car.

Jon, can you fit an "Ag-Tag" on the car??

In my state, we can use "Farm Use" placards to go to and from the farms, to get supplies, go to Church, or other family related duties. :ugh

If you run a Farm Use placard, no registration is then needed ;squint:

You should have seen the look on "Callaway4Fun's" face when I showed up to Carlisle w/ a Farm Use placard on the back of the one Callaway :boogie Classic! :cool

- Chris :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom