Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New cam/heads vs Supercharger $$$$$$$

Hey Frank, I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you on the tape copy. I'm having a bit of trouble with my AOL account, so if you want, try sending me a PM here at the CACC with your address. I found the recordings of the shows, but the camshaft one is missing a minute or two, where they talk about timing chains and installing the cam "straight up." I do have a show of Horsepower TV where they touch on that subject slightly, so I'll include that one, too. I'll try to finish up the tape by this weekend and see if there's anything else I might have of interest.

I recently received my catalog from Procharger. I have to say that I'm really impressed by all the information. They even have a diagram showing the different mounting positions on small-blocks and big-blocks with relative measurements of installation heights. If you haven't ordered yours, go ahead so that you can get a feel for what's involved. With the price of BBC heads and all the other items that I would have to purchase, the supercharger might offer me more bang-for-the-buck. I need to measure for hood clearance first, though.

--Bullitt

Let me know how much the shipping is on it and i'll reimburse you for it.

I recieved mine a week ago, really well setup packages.

Frank

Don't worry about shipping charges. What's a few bucks anyways? I'm done with the tape, but I wanted to know if you would like me to fill up some of the extra space. I could make a copy of "Victory by Design" which features Ferraris from the late '50s and '60s. If you like Formula 1, I have some races of last year on hand. There's a show that I have that is called "Lap of the Gods" which showcases Formula 1 drivers driving flat-out at different Grand Prix tracks. I have some episodes of "Dream Car Garage" from SpeedVision, which has very good restoration information and is good for a laugh or two. Just let me know if you're more interested in tech stuff or racing stuff, so I'll know what would be more appealing to you.

--Bullitt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom