Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Camshaft and Rocker storage

R

RalleyRed

Could anyone tell me how I should store a brand new cam and rocker's.

After waiting for 2 weeks to get the hotcam for my new Fastburn crate motor, I find that if I put it in the 12 month warranty is pretty much void.

I figure I'll keep the stuff to be installed at a later date.

Any thought's will be welcomed.

Thank-you,

Rick

Keep them in the original package, shouldn't hurt anything. Just keep them dry, or give them a light coat of grease if you're in high humidity.

LPS 3

I find an aerosol product named LPS 3 is great rust prevention for such internals awaiting another life ... goes on kinda foamy then flashes off to a gummy consistancy ... VERY long-lasting ... available at many hardware stores.
JACK:gap

heres How Ive stored cams for years and they come out of storage like new

get a 3 foot long piece of 3" pvc pipe , (1) glue on hard cap and (1) , rubber clamp on cap, glue on the hard cap wrap the cam in a 30 gallon plastic garbage bag after soaking it in oil, use a few rubber bands to close the bag, then slide it into the pvc pipe, next put 4 roccker arms in a qt zip loc bag after soaking them in oil , seal the bag and insert them in the 3" pvc pipe (3) more qt zip loc bags with the other rockers and (1) more with the push-rods , then clamp on the rubber cap air tight and stand the pvc pipe hard cap down in the corner of the garage CLAMPED TO THE WALL so it won,t fall over.

Thanks to you all,

I'll use this info. for the original cam and lifters as they are also new.
I decided to throw caution to the wind and go ahead and install the hotcam and 1:6 rockers.

Thanks again

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom