Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New car, how soon can I wax it?

fxstbi

Corvette
Black 2002, Red '81 & Green '69
Hi All,
I picked up my new black coupe a couple of weeks ago and I want to know if I have to wait to wax it or if it would be safe to put a coat of wax on it with the paint still "fresh". Also, what type and or brand do you recommend? I have used the "cheap wax" on my previous cars and they always looked good. This is the first base coat - clear coat 'Vette I have had. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks, Pete:confused

I have seen only one factory bulletin on this and it said to wait 30 days from the build date on your drivers door jam. As to what kind of wax to use, your guess is as good as mine. Good Luck

Pete,
IMHO, a new car can be waxed as soon as it's rolled out of the plant, due to the fact that the factory paint jobs are cured at high temperatures.
New car's go through the paint booth without the rubber and plastic items attached. so the paint is cured by the time the car is finished.

Recently, I've been using Meguiar's "Gold Class Clearcoat Liquid Wax" on my Black 1990 ZR-1 with Excellent results. :dance

Take a look in the Care and Detailing forum for ideas on waxing. Also take a look at the Long Term / Winter Storage article under the washing and waxing section. I believe it's on page 2.

Thanks for the replies. Broke out the wax and gave it the once over. Pete

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom