Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Corsa Sports - Odd Sound

10mikeymike

I just had a new set of Corsa Sports installed on C6 A6. I really like the sound and especially like the fact that there's no drone on the highway. Since installing the new exhaust I've noticed an odd sound inside the car under mild acceleration - especially during city driving. If I slow down and then accelerate under normal driving conditions I hear a sound directly under the console that sounds like something's sucking air or a tinny vibration. The closest thing I can associate it to is my son's Dodge Dakota with a K&N intake. Since the Corsa Sports for the A6 have 2 resonators in the H pipe I wasn't sure if this is normal or if I could have a leak or, something's vibrating under the cockpit area. I got out of the car and listened for leaks but it just seems like there's more engine noise under the car now. Is this normal for the Corsas? Has anyone else experienced this?
10mm

I would first jack the car up, or drive up on ramps and shake the exhaust pipes, see if anything is rubbing.

No, my Corsa sports do not make that sound [MN6].

Do you "feel" it or just hear it? If you feel it, it may be resonance which isn't characteristic of Corsa on any car. But resonance and/or the noise you here could very easily be an exhaust leak. Did you recheck the torque on the clamps after you drove it a while? With pipes shifting and settling, that can cause some vibration too.

Good luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom