Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New DEI driver

Meat-Head will never-again drive in such high-quality equipment as he has the last few years at Hendrick:
ONLY a Busch-brother could talk their-way of out Championship-caliber equipment.....

..... but we already KNEW that!

No matter if you like Bush or not, anyone saying where he is going is strictly speculating until an official announcement is made. There were some very knowledgable people that said without a doubt that they knew where Jr. was going and they were wrong.

As a note from the Michigan race. Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson got very few booos compared to normal. Everyone used them all up on big Bush. :L

No matter if you like Bush or not, anyone saying where he is going is strictly speculating until an official announcement is made. There were some very knowledgable people that said without a doubt that they knew where Jr. was going and they were wrong.

As a note from the Michigan race. Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson got very few booos compared to normal. Everyone used them all up on big Bush. :L
Your right Tom ,I was only looking to get a few emotions in motion.:DBut Donald Stein did pridict Jr. to go Hendicks.;shrug

It could happen. There is probably as strong of a chance or better as anywhere else. I do think that he will get a good ride even if I'm not his biggest fan. I wonder who else out there is thinking of making a change that we haven't heard from yet.

There were some very knowledgable people that said without a doubt that they knew where Jr. was going and they were wrong.

As a note from the Michigan race. Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson got very few booos compared to normal.
..... a few weeks before Charlotte, a friend, who knows a guy who does side-work for one of the multi-car Cup-teams, said he'd been told Meat-Head was on his way out at Hendrick, freeing-up a spot for Junior, but neither of us believed it until Marty Smith reported the same:
a guy on another Forum, claiming to be in-the-know, assured us that Bug-Eyes wasn't going-anywhere, yet we know that to be wrong.

I suspect he'll end-up with ToJo, or possibly at Richard Childress Racing, who is supposed to be building a huge facility to house his rumored 4th Cup-team, or Ginn
(you think Mark Martin looks old-and-tired now, wait 'til this guy is his teammate..... )
but as squirrelly as the Busch boys are, nothing is definite until the announcement is made (and even-then, I'd question it )

Michigan is about as-far North as the Cup Series runs, and further-away from Junior's fan-base:
I recently moved to Gator-country, and he is much-bigger here than in my old home of Pennsylvania.

interesting read

http://www.frontstretch.com/md/9922/

So much has been talked about in the Dale Earnhardt, Jr. – Hendrick deal, but little has been discussed about the impact of Kyle Busch’s release. Is this an example to young drivers of what can go wrong when you misbehave, or was Kyle simply the easiest fall guy for Hendrick to make a deal he couldn’t refuse?
Mike: I think it speaks volumes about how you have to behave when you are in the new, sanitized world of NASCAR.
Tommy: It should be a lesson to young drivers that if you’re going to perform on an adult stage, you are expected to act like an adult.
Amy: Kyle never fit in at HMS because of his attitude and his unwillingness to learn from his teammates.
Beth: That’s exactly it, Amy.
Tony: Agreed. Kyle still has a very good future and started off the season solid. I didn’t see any other reason to get rid of him other than his off track behavior.
Tom: This is a tough question. I think Hendrick had enough of Kyle Busch the driver…but I don’t think he dislikes him. I just think he doesn’t want it to be his problem as Kyle goes thorugh the maturing years.
Vito: No, Rick Hendrick got tired of him wrecking every downforce car they had in the Car of Today stable…and then flipping out and leaving the track as his team tried to repair his mistakes.
Mike: The bad publicity that Hendrick was getting was wearing on him, and he had apparently talked to Kyle about it many times and finally gave up when Junior became available.
Tom: His words at the press conference were almost to the point of, “Come back when you’re 30 and established and I don’t have to deal with your crap anymore.”
Amy: He’s a hell of a talent, but he doesn’t listen to anyone and acts like a spoiled child on TV…not something that fits the Hendrick image. I’m sorry Kyle’s back was hurting at Texas, but he’d have stuck it out if he hadn’t crashed. To me that says, “Spoiled brat who didn’t get the biggest piece of candy.”
Matt T.: Hendrick’s camp has been a little more sanitized than most in recent years. That said, when Junior came calling and Kyle got to misbehaving, it was a no-brainer.
Mike: I don’t know about a no-brainer. Hendrick had a lot invested in Kyle and he is definitely a talent. But Junior just brought too much money to the table, and Mears had just won a race and Kyle’s contract was coming up.
Tony: Well, Jack Roush said he won’t touch him, saying he’s “Been there” already. I think that says something.
Tom: There’s nothing that makes you grow up like sudden adversity. And by all indications, Kyle had no idea Hendrick would actually pull the trigger. Call it blissful ignorance, misrepresentation by his agent (as Kyle would like to call it), or just stupidity…but he was really blindsided by this.
Tony: There are rumors of Penske starting a third team. I wonder if Big Brother will want to take him under his wing.
Vito: Kurt and Kyle: The blind leading the blind. Although Kyle Busch has done more at 22 than many drivers who seem to land rides year after year have done in 20 years in the sport.
Beth: Sure he has, Vito…but he can’t keep his attitude under control.
Tom: I think Kyle and Kurt Busch on the same team would be a bad idea. And honestly, I don’t think Penske would be willing to handle the pains that go with it. They’d turn on each other…I can definitely see it. Families on the same team are never good. Especially when both are trying to establish themselves at the peak of their careers.
Tommy: If drivers were selected on talent alone, Kyle would seem to be a shoo-in. But, they have to be marketable as well in today’s NASCAR. What company wants a Kyle Busch representing them?
Tom: That’s the thing, Tommy. That’s why…I mean, there’s so much interest, but I have a hard time figuring out exactly where Kyle will fit in. Kyle and…Truex? No. Kyle and…Kevin Harvick? No. Kyle and…Tony Stewart? HELL no.
Vito: He needs to go to Ginn, have Mark tutor him, and he’ll be winning 5-6 races a year and not offending anyone in the process.
Vito: Mark’s one of the few people Kyle will listen to and respects.
Amy: I agree, Ginn would be the best choice…although he could also do well at DEI, where teams are not expected to work closely together.
Matt T.: Ginn would benefit just as much. They need a cornerstone. Someone who can contend for championships. Let’s face it, Marlin and Nemechek ain’t the answer.
Amy: But DEI? He wouldn’t be expected to actually work with Truex or Menard, just do his thing and go fast.
Vito: To me, Ginn is the only place that makes sense, unless he possibly went to Yates. RCR would work, because Jeff Burton can work with him. Kevin Harvick, however, cannot.
Tom: I wonder what it is Mark sees in Kyle that has him so enthused to work with him. And I say that knowing full well that Kyle has a good side that the media refuses to acknowledge at times.
Tony: Mark recognizes the talent…he’s never been one to comment on off track activities of other drivers
Tom: But, you know, Mark has his own son to work with…and Regan Smith.
Vito: Probably sees a little of himself in him. Tons of talent, 22 years old, dosen’t want to see him throw it all away like he almost did at the same age.
Mike: I think they are exact opposites…maybe they attract each other.
Matt T.: Ginn is a very intriguing organization to me. If Bobby G. is totally serious about doing this longterm, he’d better get Kyle. And Kyle should be smart enough to get in on the ground floor.
Tony: Well, someone is going to take a chance on him. Just like T.O. in the NFL...complete jerkoff, but his talents always get him somewhere

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom