Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new drag times on my snat 475

J

jonszr1

well finally ran her with the new stainless works headers at sac. car went from 12.78 @113.88 to 12.06@119.33 . the changes were 18 in bfg drs headers and a custom spin tec exhaust without cats the headers and exhaust really woke her up and the drs mader her alot easier to run at the strip :D. now to try the ported inj housings and plenum off the blk 90 to see if they help over the callaway extrude honed ones.

well finally ran her with the new stainless works headers at sac. car went from 12.78 @113.88 to 12.06@119.33 . the changes were 18 in bfg drs headers and a custom spin tec exhaust without cats the headers and exhaust really woke her up and the drs mader her alot easier to run at the strip :D. now to try the ported inj housings and plenum off the blk 90 to see if they help over the callaway extrude honed ones.

Great times. I guess there are no emissions in your area ;shrug

Any pictures?

Great times. I guess there are no emissions in your area ;shrug

Any pictures?

The county in CA in which "johnszr1's" car is registered probably does not have the biennial smog check. There are several rural counties in California which require smog check only upon transfer of title. Inyo, Mono and Alpine countys, on the eastern slopes of the Sierras and High Sierras, are where the towns of Lone Pine and Mammouth Lakes are located and all three only require smog check on transfer.

Here in the Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia, we have three levels of exhaust emissions tests. First is a basic smog check required upon transfer of title. The second level is the basic smog check (ie: sampling exhaust gases with the engine idling) required both at transfer and every two years. The third level, is the so-called "enhanced" smog check upon transfer and every two years. The "enhanced" smog check is the test which requires running the vehicle on a chassis dyno at two different speeds.

Whatever you do, don't scrap or sell your original manifolds/cats because without them, the only way you'll be able to sell the car is to a buyer in a state which has no exhaust emissions test.

Also, the manifold/cat assemblies off the 90, if the cats are still good, are like "gold" to someone who wants best perforamance with cats because they out perform the 92-95 manifolds and cats.

thanx for the info on the cats hib. i have kept all the stk exhaust manifolds off both cars , as well as the stk exhaust off the 90 . i am going to install the bullet cats and the corsa exhaust and see how she runs at fontana on dec 1, i will also be going to the private track day at famoso on the 22 of nov . i will try to get my buddy jeremy that took the vids of my black 90 on u tube to come and do videos of the white car at famoso. i will try to get a friend to take some pics of the car this week and see if he can post them for me . i dont have a camera . what is a good camera to buy. i get confused evertime i go to look at them . dont know what to look for

bill boudreau can attest to how nice the white snat is as he put one of his fine blueprinted trannies in her in june . yes i am lucky to live in inyo county. but to be fair i should run her with cats and post those times

"Private track day" eh?
Dang, you must have some bucks.

Can I bring one of my toys and run at your private track day?
:)

Most definitely post a link to video of the performance! I'd love to see it. :thumb

As for cameras... I don't know about video cameras but I just recently purchased a nice Canon PowerShot A590 that I've been pleased with. It's certainly not the Nikon I wanted but that big ticket item will have to wait awhile.

:wJane Ann

"Private track day" eh?
Dang, you must have some bucks.

Can I bring one of my toys and run at your private track day?
:)
the private track day is for 75 guys each of us shelling out 100 for 8 hrs of hot lapping fun . tow trucks might be busy at the end of the day :D.its worth it when you have to drive 200 miles 1 way to go drag racin

hib if your really interested i think there is a couple of spots still available , let me know . alot of good guys will be there

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom