Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Dumb question

M

Mike Baskette

Did 1970 LT1 Corvettes have the option such as power steering? I am looking at a 70' and the guy insists power steering was not available, seem odd. I have referance books but am unable to verify. Thanks "again" Mike in San Diego.

I love reading all the post that say dumb question.I haven't a clue on any of 'em .But i'm 99% sure that it was avail.

:w Mike,

At the top of the page we have a section called "Tech Center" within this section is a sub-section called "Model Center" there you can find all the "Options" for 1970.. Here is a quick link to the page with the 1970 Options ;)

Power Steering appears to have been an option in 1970 (option #N40) ;)

Another source is Mike Antonick's Corvette BLACK Book

Bud

The 1970 LT1 option was ZR1 the N40 option (power steering)of that year was not available with the ZR1 option, so he is right, power steering was not an option on the 1970 LT1.
Taken from the "black Book"

Thanks Guys for the clarification ;) That's what makes this site GREAT!

Bud

Hold it

If power steering is not an option on an LT1 in 1970 then I better buy a 71' or a 72'. Still looking. Thanks all, Mike in San Diego

Power steering was not an option on early 70 LT-1s with the CTU engine code but was available with the latter cars with the CTK code.

Bought another 70' L46. This time a convertible. Sooooo the search for the LT1 will stop.....for now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom