Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport New Garage

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

AlHewitt

Corvette
1996 LT4 CE Z51 - 2010 LT3 GS
New Garage
It’s been almost a year now since I started this ‘project’. We are empty nesters but when the grandkids come over the kitchen was too small for everyone. The wife will not move to a different house with more room and so a project to expand the kitchen and dining room began to come together. I thought; if she was to gets a new kitchen then it seems only fair that I got a new garage. When it comes to the care and feeding of our Vettes, I can rationalize almost anything. My property lines limited the size of the garage I could build but I did end up with about 1000 sq. ft. of new floor space. The first order of business after I got most of the construction completed was to bring the cars home from storage some 20 miles away. This is huge as I can now enjoy them when the weather is suitable for driving a Corvette here in Seattle. I know they will not melt in the rain but I consider them fair weather cars and try and drive them only during good weather. The next thing I did was to buy and install a 4 post car lift. I selected the Super Lift line and I’m including some pictures of the set-up – I think I’m going to like it. I don’t know much about lifts and how long it takes to get one but my 2010 GS took something like 6 weeks to get after I ordered it, this lift took 12 weeks! My new man-cave is coming together, it has many things needed to make it enjoyable like; good lighting, heat, a toilet (I wanted a urinal but the wife got to vote on that one and so it is a stool), a wash sink, compressed air a vacuum system, music, etc, most of the amentias one would need or want. I can now walk under the Vettes while they are on the lift looking at the parts that you don’t see every day from above. Things like the suspension, transmission, exhaust and differential. I’m amazed at the size of the tires on these cars and of the size of the half shafts as they seem very big also. Changing the oil and filter is a piece of cake today and laying on my back with hot oil dripping down my sleeve is now a thing of the past.
I built things in their proper order and now that the garage is mostly completed I’ll have to start on the kitchen – I do need to keep my wife happy… Al
PS I'm unable to up-laod pictures. Maybe I can do it after I start this thread.

Did you say garage!

New Garage
It’s been almost a year now since I started this ‘project’. We are empty nesters but when the grandkids come over the kitchen was too small for everyone. The wife will not move to a different house with more room and so a project to expand the kitchen and dining room began to come together. I thought; if she was to gets a new kitchen then it seems only fair that I got a new garage. When it comes to the care and feeding of our Vettes, I can rationalize almost anything. My property lines limited the size of the garage I could build but I did end up with about 1000 sq. ft. of new floor space. The first order of business after I got most of the construction completed was to bring the cars home from storage some 20 miles away. This is huge as I can now enjoy them when the weather is suitable for driving a Corvette here in Seattle. I know they will not melt in the rain but I consider them fair weather cars and try and drive them only during good weather. The next thing I did was to buy and install a 4 post car lift. I selected the Super Lift line and I’m including some pictures of the set-up – I think I’m going to like it. I don’t know much about lifts and how long it takes to get one but my 2010 GS took something like 6 weeks to get after I ordered it, this lift took 12 weeks! My new man-cave is coming together, it has many things needed to make it enjoyable like; good lighting, heat, a toilet (I wanted a urinal but the wife got to vote on that one and so it is a stool), a wash sink, compressed air a vacuum system, music, etc, most of the amentias one would need or want. I can now walk under the Vettes while they are on the lift looking at the parts that you don’t see every day from above. Things like the suspension, transmission, exhaust and differential. I’m amazed at the size of the tires on these cars and of the size of the half shafts as they seem very big also. Changing the oil and filter is a piece of cake today and laying on my back with hot oil dripping down my sleeve is now a thing of the past.
I built things in their proper order and now that the garage is mostly completed I’ll have to start on the kitchen – I do need to keep my wife happy… Al
PS I'm unable to up-laod pictures. Maybe I can do it after I start this thread.
I suggest (unless you already tried or have the lift) check the width of the posts of your 4 post lift. Those wheels stick out a wee bit that your going to need someone to guide on and off because you can't see the wheel when pulling the vette on the lift. Also the front air dam ( the lowest part of the front ) will alway scrape when driving on or off. The length of the ramp has a lot to do with it. I have a bend-pak and had to modify it a lot. Good luck:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom