Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Glass Top Woes

Ok, I found it in the factory manual - page 10-42 for those keeping score at home. You can even move the locating pins.

The manual also shows how to disassemble the painted roof panel. It looks quite simple - since my cloth liner is falling off, this looks like a good winter fixit project.

[RICHR]

Rich...I would like to see that as well....I have knowledge of the 85 as I have one...but have found out that from model year to year so many things change it is hard to keep up. I could not understand why the roof I bought would not line up as the pins were 2 inches off. That is why I moved the brackets over. I had to drill new holes and move the inside bracket as well. Then I had to adjust the attachment places as well to make it fit. Thanks Rich...

I can email a scan of the instruction sheet to anyone who want's it. I can't post it in a reply here because the file size is too large. Can it be posted to the knowledge base? I don't know how to do that.

Eagle and everyone - I'm going to email a set of the scans to Rob, who's going to post them in the Knowledgebase. I should have them out later today. Car Whisperer, thanks for letting us know an adjustment sheet even exists!

[RICHR]

I ran into my friend today. She is so happy. She got the top to fit. She said you people were very helpful. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom