Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Glitch... Help..!! Any Ideas ????

paul79 said:
Well, even a simple 327/300 throttle arm is too enemic for you fellows;) with the big motors.

We like everything big. ;)

IH2LOSE said:
Mark on my 66 It seems as if it would be easyer to reach up from the bottom of the car to loosen the nut that holds the arm(inside the engine compartment) to the pedal assembly.

You know......I haven't laid down under the car yet to look up and see ...that was on my ...."Why don't you try it this way list".

Did you go under and look up???

paul79 said:
Well, even a simple 327/300 throttle arm is too enemic for you fellows;) with the big motors. Glad things are coming together!

Thanks Paul..... And we aint no Snobs.... I happen to like your car. Bill Bradley from Chesapeak Va . Has a beautiful Milano Maroon 66 Vert with Side pipes and it's a Power Glide.

I took a ride last year in his car top down cruzen the interstate and the local tree lined streets. Let me tell you ..I really enjoyed that car. That tranny was sweet..it just hummed along and did it's 2 speed thing. It was really a pleasure to ride in. I think more Midyear owners should experience a Auto Tranny Midyear. They are great fun to drive....
:beer

SB to BB Accel. lever change

Hey VNV I changed my SB accel. lever out of my '65 two years ago. I had the small block lever on my BB car for years and had many of the same problems with length and throw which led to adjustment problems. I then ordered the big block lever for the '65.

Just ran outside to the garage to have a look at mine. I know it's different than the SB. It's kinda hard to describe how it looks. But curved up and wide toward the intake from the firewall. It does not touch the intake.

I tried to install it myself but my hands are too large. I had one of the guys at the local corv. shop with smaller hands do the work. He had also done this before on his '67. He said he swore a little but got it in.

You have a 5-spd tranny, correct. This will likely take up more hand space and make it tougher to put on that new lever. But I couldn't be sure on this.
If you want I could E-mail you a picture or two if you need to see what mine looks like.

After the conversion everything was better i.e. gas pedal had a better angle on it, the throw was right, it went in the correct hole on the carb., and there was no interference. Plus it's stock looking which I like.

65-StingRay
Wayne
E.F.D.

VNV,
They are fun to drive and very smooth. So-called "passing gear" kicks out at 55mph so it is useless for the highway. What was GM thinking? But it is a pleasant and mild-mannered boulevard cruiser.

Powerglide needs a lot of low-end torque which may explain why it was offered on the 327/300 and 427 motors. I can't see it with the high-revving 32/350 and of course GM did not either. It does tend to powerslide and this was engineered in I believe. I have a TransGo shift kit on the shelf. A friend and transmission expert at a local GM dealer will put it in for me if I can get off my butt. That will make "the one" shift crisper and cut down on wear in the clutch packs.

65-StingRay said:
Hey VNV I changed my SB accel. lever out of my '65 two years ago. I had the small block lever on my BB car for years and had many of the same problems with length and throw which led to adjustment problems. I then ordered the big block lever for the '65.

Just ran outside to the garage to have a look at mine. I know it's different than the SB. It's kinda hard to describe how it looks. But curved up and wide toward the intake from the firewall. It does not touch the intake.

I tried to install it myself but my hands are too large. I had one of the guys at the local corv. shop with smaller hands do the work. He had also done this before on his '67. He said he swore a little but got it in.

You have a 5-spd tranny, correct. This will likely take up more hand space and make it tougher to put on that new lever. But I couldn't be sure on this.
If you want I could E-mail you a picture or two if you need to see what mine looks like.

After the conversion everything was better i.e. gas pedal had a better angle on it, the throw was right, it went in the correct hole on the carb., and there was no interference. Plus it's stock looking which I like.

65-StingRay
Wayne
E.F.D.

Yeah Thanks Wayne.. shoot me some pic's.. Bob sent me a pic of his 427BB 435 hp arm ..I can compare it to yours.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom