Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new guy here

S

Stogie D

I couldnt find a "introduce yourself" thread so thought I'd start here - I'm Stogie D - just moved here from the C4 forum, formerly of the C3 forum - sold my C4 about 6 months ago & have been searching for a C5 ever since trying not to go too far from home - here she is - a 99 with 29k miles on it - a creampuff in my opinion - tryed really hard to find a Mag Red with certain options with no luck - couldnt wait any longer & am stoked about this one - very, very excellent condition - was it a good deal? I dont know - prices are all over the place here (Atlanta area) - I think I just got tired of looking & hashing out the deal - I'm good with the color combo - it aint Mag Red but it's growing on me - be seein ya in the tech forum eventually I'm sure - thought I'd include a pic of the other 2 - I had the C3 when this shot was taken & bought the C4 7 years later - Jeez I love these cars - cruze on - D.

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 90
  • whodathunk.jpg
    whodathunk.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 86
Welcome to our humble forum. Nice car - ya done good.:happyanim:

Join us at CruiseFest this June, and meet the inmates.

:w Stogie

I took a long good look at the photo of your old C3 & C4 together and I'm guessing the C3 was a 1981.. the nose decal ain't all "shinny"

Anywho... Welcome aboard and enjoy the '99 the C5's are a pretty good Corvette, esp cruise'n down the hwy with some great tunes on :Steer :dance

Yea and what catbert said about CruiseFest 2011

THAT would be a great Cruise for a Great Weekend :dance :lou :happyanim:

Bud

hi
hi from pa.
i like that silver vette.
billy:thumb:w:beer

Welcome! A '99 with 29K? Well done! You're gonna love it.

Sold my c4 6 months ago also, prices were all over the place everywhere! Found my 02 locally and got a great deal 48k on it. Wanted silver like yours but winded up with white go figure. But happy with it. GOOD LUCK and WELCOME-ENJOY!!
Thx,
Paul:w

Welcome to C5 world. Funny, when I was looking I wanted a white or silver and ended up with a mag red...:L

Hi-from Florida-please lower the rear of that thang-it looks sky high!A couple of bolt turns.:w

Welcome New Guy

Stogie...sorry about being a little late....so welcome my friend. Now about the color you chose......I like it.:thumb

Welcome aboard

Glad to see you come to the C5 forum welcome aboard...........:happyanim:I had a 2002 pewter traded for a 2004 CE Z06 Good luck

Thanks all

Thank you all for the welcome - would have chimed in sooner but I've been crazy busy for the last 2 weeks -
Yes Yoda, it is an 81 - the black badges - good call -
ErnestD - please elaborate on that or point me to a thread - are you sayin I can change the ride height without cashin in my 401K ? rear only?
Thanks again all - somehow I knew I'd get that warm & fuzzy feeling -
D.

HI stogie-do you smoke cigars?Yes you can lower the rear of a c5 very easily.Its just 2 bolts,one on each side-u can do it-it looks much nicer,look on this site for instructions:w

HI stogie-do you smoke cigars?Yes you can lower the rear of a c5 very easily.Its just 2 bolts,one on each side-u can do it-it looks much nicer,look on this site for instructions:w

First of all, welcome Stogie:wfrom Western, PA, I'm a newbie myself.
Be a member of this forum will only increase your affection for your C5.

Question about lowering the car in the rear a few turns; do you have to do the same to the front. I am interested in some minor lowering

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom