Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New guy in Arkansas

five-oh

Corvette
'84 sold 93 sold 86 sold 96 lt4 red and black.
Hey, everybody. My name's Bob.I just found this forum a couple of days ago and I already feel at home! I've joined three other 'vette forums, but feel most comfortable here, already. Seems to be much less drama.:D A little about me and my journey to corvette ownership- I'm a 33 year old, married father of one little girl, I'm a patrol sergeant for my hometown's police department (been a cop for nearly 9 years), and my current corvette revival project is a '93 Artic white coupe that I rescued from an uncaring previous owner. It now has bright metallic blue vinyl rally stripes on it to make it stand out a bit, and we're starting on the interior now. The '93 is my second corvette- my first was a '84 that had also been abused. I got her running and driving, but became annoyed at the high "corvette tax" and sold it. Didn't take long until I regretted that decision and when I found the '93 dirt cheap, it followed me home. Yeah, the wife didn't buy that either,lol. I'm looking forward to many days here and plan on collecting all the advice I can from you guys- and gals, of course.

:welcome

Welcome to the CAC, Five-oh!

We'd love to see some pics of the C4 that 'followed' you home.

:w

Another -Welcome to the CAC- post. Glad to have you here.

:thumb

Oh, just wondering what part of Arkansas and have you been to the Eureka Springs Corvette Weekend before?

Five-oh,

We all want to welcome you. Love your story of Corvette ownership. The '93 is a great C4, and I'm glad you're doing her over.

Elaine

Thanks everybody for the welcome- I'll try to get pics up next time I'm at town. My slow dial-up doesn't like posting pics. Tuna, I've never made it to Eureka Spring's corvette week end, as I didn't know about it when I had the '84 and I didn't get the '93 on the road until November. I live just outside of Morrilton, about 55 miles northwest of Little Rock. I love Eureka Springs, my wife and I had our honeymoon there and was there in april of this last year for the Kustom Kemps of America show. We'll try to make the '10 Corvette weekend.

Hi Bob! Welcome to the :CAC !!

Always great to hear of another Corvette rescue!

Between your knowledge and experience and the knowledge and experience on this board, you'll have her back up to specs in no time. :thumb

Don't forget to check out our Tech Center ( click ), Model Center ( click ) and 1993 Model Center ( click ).

:wJane Ann

:welcome

Yur gonna like it here!! Lot's of great information, great people, and some good clean entertainment.

Bob, welcome to the CAC...Good to see someone else from Arkansas. I was born in Malvern, and grew up down in Hamburg, Im currently a resident of Va beach, Va.

welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!

Welcome to the CAC!

Five-Oh hu? Now i got that dang song in my head. Thanks a lot.. :chuckle :L

j/k

:w
-Stefan

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Glad you feel at home here! :w

Welcome five-oh,
I am a consultant related to the gas well drilling process. I usually stay in Clinton or Searcy when in Arkansas. I have been as colse to Morrilton as Solgohachia. I'll try to PM you when I schedule another trip to Clinton. BTW, how do you pronounce Solgohachia?

Welcome five-oh,
I am a consultant related to the gas well drilling process. I usually stay in Clinton or Searcy when in Arkansas. I have been as colse to Morrilton as Solgohachia. I'll try to PM you when I schedule another trip to Clinton. BTW, how do you pronounce Solgohachia?
You were within 10 miles of my house if you've been to solgohachia. In fact, with all the gas operations going on around here, I'll bet you've been to Hattieville, which is where I actually live, off of Highway 213 and 95. Best way to prononce Solgohachia is to break it down- Sol- go- hachee- that's about the easiest way to explain it, lol. Lot of folks around here getting into the gas industry. Gotta admit it's been crossing my mind to try it lately. Seems to be a secure job and God knows it has to pay better than coppin'. Give me a shout when you're around. bob.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom