Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! New guy with a couple of problems, Speedo Sticking

shawnfate

Hey guys I have a couple of problems like the 130 PSI reading for oil pressure.
But my biggest problem that is bothering me is the speedo in my 2000 C5 sticking. it sticks all over the place, the HUD works great But the speedo could be stuck at 35 MPH then jump to 55 mph and stay there for 30 mins before it jumps somewhere elese and sticks.This is my first Vette so I'm hoping there might be an easy fix ?
Is there something in the cluster I could check ? maybe a gear or something ?

Thanks, Shawn

Your erroneous oil pressure readings are probably the oil pressure sensor. It's a common problem with some newer GM vehicles including Corvette.

As for your speedo, there is no "cable". There hasn't been speedometer cables since the end of the C3 era.

It's possible there's an issue with the connections to the IP cluster but more likely the cluster itself needs to be replaced.

Your erroneous oil pressure readings are probably the oil pressure sensor. It's a common problem with some newer GM vehicles including Corvette.

As for your speedo, there is no "cable". There hasn't been speedometer cables since the end of the C3 era.

It's possible there's an issue with the connections to the IP cluster but more likely the cluster itself needs to be replaced.

Thanks, I should be able to do a cluster replacement.
Not sure the one in it right now is stock, it has white faceplates.
It wasn't doing it too bad today , just a lilttle jumpy.
168126_1564605401109_1414591345_31191623_4901950_n.jpg

From the photo, the faceplates appear to be after-market. Could be a problem occurred when the new faceplates were installed.
Barrett

Found another problem.
My lights on my AC/heater control are dim some no longer even work.
I was planning to get it repair or replaced.
Now here is the problem.
Sometimes the AC light will kick on when heat should be going.
heat will blow out the pass side vents but not out the center/driver vents.
I read pulling the battery for 30 mins will reset the acuators, but I have not tried it yet .

No lighting--it's all dark

The temperature display light is not working (illuminating) in my C5 as well. Adjusting AC is trial and error. :L

What is the correct fix to get this to illuminate again? :confused

The temperature display light is not working (illuminating) in my C5 as well. Adjusting AC is trial and error. :L

What is the correct fix to get this to illuminate again? :confused
I took mine out and resoldered the 8 resistors and its bright again.

update :
my speedo is no longer sticking, might have been weather related since it was winter ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom