Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New guy with old car

N

Nick in OKC

Actually the title should be "old guy with old car," but I'm new to this board. I posted a picture of my car on another thread, but here it is again.

My car is a '71 coupe. The color is Brands Hatch green (which is British racing green for those of you in Rio Linda). The interior is dark saddle.

I bought the car new, and it is essentially stock. However, it has a 350/350 cam for a little extra kick. A friend gave the cam to me when the engine was out due to a spun connecting rod bearing. After this picture was taken, I added slotted U.S. mags, factory side exhaust and some chrome under the hood. I am planning an off-frame restoration which I hope to start before the end of the year. It will remain mostly stock, but I plan to refurbish the chrome, add leather seats, repaint in a two-stage modern paint job using the original color, update the air conditioning for current refrigerants and perhaps add 17" wheels and tires. I will probably also update the radio. It currently has the original monaural AM/FM. This old 'Vette has given me a lot of pleasure over the last 33 years, and I figure it deserves to be made new again. :)

corvette1.jpg

Greetings Nick...

Sounds like you got the plan, keep us informed on your progress. Now that mine is fairly well re-conditioned/recycled, it's nice to hear about others going through the same pain in the A$$.

Wow... 33 years, you must be in love. I've divorced my last two. :L

Welcome to the :CAC

Brian

Cool, and an excellent looking corvette. Welcome from another Okie :)
Just gotta love the chrome on those early C3's.

Cheers and welcome

Richard

Welcome Nick, I am Paul in Norman have a 76 all stock. Nice to have another Okie here, GO SOONERS.

It was a great day for C-3 yesterday, I saw three, a white 1975 going south on Sooner Road, a sweet car, then I saw a dark color 81 on 12th avenue in Norman, and then this morning I saw a White 80 on South Douglas going into Tinker.

Nick

Welcome to the CAC. Wow! An original owner '71. Very cool. And I am partial to '71's myself. :cool

Dick

Thanks, Tammy

Just a day older this year. A decade older next year. :)

Welcome to the board. What part of OKC are you in, and are you in a club? I'm in Quail Creek and a member of COCC. Silver/green '82.

Marc...

Tex, you have mail

I sent you an e-mail answering your questions.

You've owned that car for 33 years! Thats incredible!

Good think you didn't cheap out and buy a Vega. :L

Although if you had you wouldn't still be making payments. ;LOL

Nice car you should keep it for another 33 I think.

-Gööney0

Welcome Nick... Great Looking car ... You picked a very good looking color combo..
I've been smiling myself for 27 years // with my "71" Also..

I should admit that picture was taken in March 1971

I took the picture within a couple of days of buying it, so it should look good. It was brand new. Here it is with the car it replaced.

corvette2.jpg

I wish I still had that 4-4-2. It was a strong running car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom