Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new guy with questions

C6driver

Corvette
2005 Magnetic Red Coupe
Just bought a C6 with an auto transmission. People ask questions such as the 0-60 times, 1/4 mile time and speed, top end etc, and I don't know how to honestly answer them. Where can I find the info. I tried the search feature. I describe the car as scary fast, what a machine I have wanted another one since I sold my 1982 Red Cross/fire injected version in 1987 and was finally able to get another one. It was worth the wait, I have never seen a better looking car, of course that is what I thought about the '82.

Thanks 6 shooter for the quick response. I have a picture of it sitting on the showroom floor but don't know how to post it. I hope to have a better picture soon if we can get some decent weather here. When I get a better picture maybe myself or my wife can figure it out.

First off, Welcome to CAC! I've had people ask a lot of the same questions about my '92, usually I just smile and tell them "fast enough!" ;) Nice to know you're enjoying your new baby!

For help on getting pic's posted, look in the Site Help & Feedback section of the forum found HERE and you'll find several threads concerning pictures and posting.

Hi Driver! We can take it one more step and copy your photo into your post. :upthumbs

Nice looking MR Coupe. I'm partial to the MR color myself.

Welcome to the CAC. When you have time, post a new thread in the New Member Introductions Forum so that more of your fellow CAC folks can stop by and say hello.

Great job on your first attempt at posting pix! We expect lots of them in the future. ;)

:wJane Ann

attachment.php

Welcome to the :CAC C6Driver.

Enjoy your new ride. I love the color also.

Hecox

Congrats, that's a beautiful car! I hope to find an 05 in Magnetic Red in a few years when I can afford to trade up.

As far as quarter mile times go, an 05 with the 2.73 rear end gears should do the quarter mile in about 12.7 to 12.9 seconds (in cool weather at a sea level track) and one with the optional 3.15s should do it in 12.5 to 12.7 seconds. Trap speed will be around 111-113. An 06 is a little quicker because of the 6 speed automatic, the quickest bone stock one right now has run the 1/4 in 12.21 at 115!

Don't know about 0-60, but my 05 A4 with catbacks and a non cold air Halltek intake ran 12.7s here in the hot, thin air of AZ. I'm thinking a tenth or two better in more hospitable circumstances. The 05 A4 is no joke in the quarter, all things considered, and they are very consistent if you bracket:puke race, God forbid.

Hi there C6Driver and welcome to the forums!! Great looking MR coupe you have there. I'm hoping to pick up a MR vert in Sept.!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom