Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Guy

Glava2876

Corvette
1984 Z51 4+3 Bright Red Coupe
I just bought a Corvette and it looks as though I have found the right site to help me get things fixed up!
My car is an 84, 4 speed, red exterior, carmine interior, Z51 equiped and after looking through the RPO numbers, it is like most of them it is pretty loaded.
There are still quite a few #'s that I have not been able to find out about yet. What does the 1AZ mean?
A42,A51,BGR,B16,DL8,D3X,D9B,E5Z,FE7, F51, HE3, K61, MK2, NA5, NB1, UQ4, & V73.
It has 83,000 miles and the interior is pretty good, except for the seats, and the rear carpet area is faded, but I see I can find out how where to find and change these by reading what others have done.
The paint, is definitely a medium quality repaint, that needs to be repainted, but looks OK for now. I'll have to change the door window seals and re-clearcoat the original rims -or if they are cloudy, can they just be wet sanded to clear them up?
I think that the owner degreased the engine, because it is clean, but the valve covers are weaping pretty heavy -got those to go on tonight.
On the back passenger side of the distributor, there is radiator hose with a flushing port, that the hose seems to be hissing -I figure it needs tightening or replacement -looks to just be standard heater hose?
It had the radiator replaced about 4 years ago and I noticed that it has a sensor on the passenger side -is should it be hooked up to something or is this a universal type thing that is used if needed?
The exhaust looks good and sound great -I don't know if it is a stock type system. Each tailpipe splits in two and has a chrome rectangular tip, that sort of just frames it?
Are there online service manuals availble to download?
I've only had it for a day, so I WILL be back with more questions.
Thanks in advance.
Glen

Welcome to the CAC. The info you are looking for can be found in the Model Center on this site's home page.

I just bought a Corvette and it looks as though I have found the right site to help me get things fixed up!
My car is an 84, 4 speed, red exterior, carmine interior, Z51 equiped and after looking through the RPO numbers, it is like most of them it is pretty loaded.
There are still quite a few #'s that I have not been able to find out about yet. What does the 1AZ mean?
A42,A51,BGR,B16,DL8,D3X,D9B,E5Z,FE7, F51, HE3, K61, MK2, NA5, NB1, UQ4, & V73.
It has 83,000 miles and the interior is pretty good, except for the seats, and the rear carpet area is faded, but I see I can find out how where to find and change these by reading what others have done.
The paint, is definitely a medium quality repaint, that needs to be repainted, but looks OK for now. I'll have to change the door window seals and re-clearcoat the original rims -or if they are cloudy, can they just be wet sanded to clear them up?
I think that the owner degreased the engine, because it is clean, but the valve covers are weaping pretty heavy -got those to go on tonight.
On the back passenger side of the distributor, there is radiator hose with a flushing port, that the hose seems to be hissing -I figure it needs tightening or replacement -looks to just be standard heater hose?
It had the radiator replaced about 4 years ago and I noticed that it has a sensor on the passenger side -is should it be hooked up to something or is this a universal type thing that is used if needed?
The exhaust looks good and sound great -I don't know if it is a stock type system. Each tailpipe splits in two and has a chrome rectangular tip, that sort of just frames it?
Are there online service manuals availble to download?
I've only had it for a day, so I WILL be back with more questions.
Thanks in advance.
Glen

Welcome to the CAC. The info you are looking for can be found in the Model Center on this site's home page.
Thanks, The information that I have did come from that section, but unless I am missing something, the codes that I posted were not there?

Welcome to the real world. I just joined myself and have issues with my vette.1986 red coupe. The response has been great. Depending on your budget??? new carpet or dye, I am looking into dyeing my carpet as there is nothing wrong other than the fading. As soon as the dye arrives we will see what happens.

Earl

Hey Glen, :welcome

Welcome to the CAC, I'm new myself. This site has already helped me BIGTIME !!!:thumb:thumb Trust me, any questions you have about your C4 will be answered here..........GUARANTEED !! Have fun.

84 Vette

Hi Glen,

Besy buy on the market today. If you have crossfire concerns let me know. You might want to check to see if the plugs on the injection units are intact to determine if they have ever been adjusted. If not, they are due. There are a very few of us that understand and still repair these units. I taught a class with Gordon Killebrew at Bloomington Gold for several years on maintaining and repairing the CrossFire units.

Ron Kane
Benchmark Corvette Service
217-726-3840

Welcome to the real world. I just joined myself and have issues with my vette.1986 red coupe. The response has been great. Depending on your budget??? new carpet or dye, I am looking into dyeing my carpet as there is nothing wrong other than the fading. As soon as the dye arrives we will see what happens.

Earl
Earl, My carpet is in good shape except for the fade -let me know how the dye project comes out.
Thanks, Glen

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I did find the other code details and now have broken the code for my car -I think. Thanks again, Glen

Welcome to the CAC! You should find everything you are looking for right here!

WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR '84, PLEASE SAVE THE :w!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom