Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! New headers

jge82

Corvette
1981 Coupe
Bought a pair of tight tuck headers for a 1981 corvette (Corvette Central part # 323236) which came with a pair of collars(extensions) which are about 4 inches long. The problem is that without the collars the headers don't reach the down pipes and with the collars they are too long. Anyone have any idea how I can get these to fit, or another source for better fitting headers?

I have a set of hooker competition headers on my Corette.
Bolted to the block with no trouble.

I had to trim the pipes between the original headers and the catalytic converter, though.

That's all i know about headers.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the input. Wouldn't it be nice if someone out there made downpipes to match the headers so that there's no need for any fabrication? I've been all over the web & can't find anyone. If they exist they're hiding pretty good!

Bought a pair of tight tuck headers for a 1981 corvette (Corvette Central part # 323236) which came with a pair of collars(extensions) which are about 4 inches long. The problem is that without the collars the headers don't reach the down pipes and with the collars they are too long. Anyone have any idea how I can get these to fit, or another source for better fitting headers?

I ended up with dynamax jet hot coated headers. The fit is perfect. Took longer to get the car off the ground than to install. Bought the dual pipe system from mid america. Magna flow mufflers. I dont think there is a exhaust system on the market that fits without some kind of mods. Two trips to the muffler shop for custom bends, fire up the wire feed welder and presto..... custom exhaust.

Sounds like what I need....do ya' have part numbers handy?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom