Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New leaf spring installed.....

Corvette
1973 L-48 Coupe
What a diffrence!:upthumbs
I just got done with the job done and took a ride, what a great ride! I did the shocks 2 years ago and it really helped , but this really made a diffrence.
I just put on the stock replacement and all new hardware, about $200 delivered to my door.Took about 3 hours to do the job complete from start to finish.
One of the best $200 upgrades so far I would say.

Chas

You got the job done very fast.....Did mine last winter and got smacked in the head with one end while installing it....almost checked out and went to the other place...(I think up)...it does make make for a much better ride.

Tell me a little bit more about it. Did you replace the OEM spring? Did you replace it with another leaf spring? How many leafs? Or did you go with the composite fiberglass spring? What are the differences that you noticed?

Im guessing it was the original spring i replaced. It wasnt flat or anything, it was more of a project I felt would help the ride and seemed easy enough to do myself. I installed a 9 leaf standard spring and installed it with new hardware. I upgraded to urethane bushings and thats about it.
The ride is totally diffrent now, i installed new Delco shocks 2 years ago and that helped the ride alot. But this REALLY helped the ride, it has a smooth and comfortable feel to it now. I dont feel every nick in the road like before. I would encourage anyone to look into this project if you dont know how old your leaf spring is. It really made a diffrence and took very little time to do with simple tools and a spare weekend afternoon.
Chas:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom