Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: New Magnaflow getting P1133 Code, 2000 C5

T

trespasser8

Fellow CAC Boys & Girls, ;help
Just installed new Magnaflow Performance Exhaust including cat and 2 new rear Bosch O2 sensors. I had sims on the rear before. All was well until code P 1133 started coming up. Bank 1, Sensor 1, driver side before cat. The front sensors are old. Can anyone tell or show me the location of this sensor. I also recently added a bottle of Techron due to a sticky fuel guage. The car runs just fine. Any suggestions or ideas for repairing or finding the cause of code P 1133? ;shrug Thanks and enjoy your Vette this summer!

Chet-Trespasser8

Bank 1, Sensor 1, is screwed into the exhaust, just downstream of the driver side exhaust manifold.

P1113 sets when there is insufficient sensor switches. Sometimes this can be a "lazy" or faulty oxygen sensor and it may be that just replacing that sensor will solve the problem, however, it might not be the sensor. There are a host of wiring issues that may also cause this code to set.

My first advice is to consult the Factory Service Manual for it's troubleshooting instructions. Also, you may need a scan tester or a DMM to solve the code.

Beyond that, you need to check all the wiring, signal, heater, and ground for that sensor. Also, you want to check for an exhaust leak.

Lastly, high oil consumption can cause this code to set.

Thank You Hib. My first step will be to find the sensor and go from there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom