Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member- first vette - lotsa questions

J

jmckay2004

Can anyone recommend a license plate cover system for a 2004 C5 convertible with a clear cover front and back that is legal in NJ. ( hopefully most states). I have been using cheap plastic Auto zone covers on my other vehicles to keep the plates clean not even considering it as a radar deterrrent.

Any recommendaiton for replacement antenna motor. Mast will not go down even after lubing it.

What leather treatment is best?

Any recommendaion on affordable Ipod interface.

Thanks;shrug

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

I'm going to move this thread to the C5 General Forum because the New Member Forum is for introductions and will limit its exposure and replies.

Welcome aboard and good luck!
:wJane Ann

Can anyone recommend a license plate cover system for a 2004 C5 convertible with a clear cover front and back that is legal in NJ. ( hopefully most states). I have been using cheap plastic Auto zone covers on my other vehicles to keep the plates clean not even considering it as a radar deterrrent.

Any recommendaiton for replacement antenna motor. Mast will not go down even after lubing it.

What leather treatment is best?

Any recommendaion on affordable Ipod interface.

Thanks;shrug

1. --
2. --
3. Saddle soap... the only thing i put on my Vette's leather
4. Just installed one of these http://www.theistore.com/peripheral_electronics_ipod2car_pxdp_interface_kit in my '04. Installation was super simple and it works great.

D

This is the one I use on the front for my 04. It is just a clear cover, but is contoured like the stock Corvette plate and looks good. Since I have to have a front license plate, this works. It does not provide any radar/laser deterrent that I know of though.

97-04 FRONT LICENSE PLATE CONTOURED COVER Corvette Parts and Accessories - Zip Corvette

There's this one Corvette, Laser Shield License Plate Cover that supposedly provides laser deterrence, but I have no idea if it works or not. Since I behave myself in my 'vette (usually :D), I haven't bothered with anything like this.

How well do you get along with the SP or the local LE up there in Newton?

Just remember that if any part of the plate is "obscured" they can light you up. Like ...... take my kid .... (please, take my kid ;) ..)

The nit-wit looks like a blonde rastafarian and the locals have hit him like six times in the last two months for having the black plastic that goes over ... The Garden State .... obscured. It's been on there since 1995 when we bought the car new.

;LOL

Now .... is it fair that my wife drove the car for like 14 years with no $65 ticket?
Well, no but if you opt to look like the village fool .... I tried to tell him that I'd light him up ... so's he broke the plastic off.

On the other hand half of the Vettes in front of the Police Station on cruise night don't even run a front tag .......

Got a good relationship with the locals? Don't worry about it too much.

:):):)

If you are trying to keep your leather soft and supple, I'd recommend leatherique.com materials. Pristine Clean for cleaning and the Rejuvinators Oil to make it soft and supple. I really like Zaino leather treatment, as it makes the leather smell like new.:cool

Oh, BTW Welcome to CAC.

Leather Treatment....

Welcome to the forum....

Zaino for the leather.

Recommendations on exterior detailing

I just purchased a c5 in torch red and want to know what the best, hopefully reasonably easy product is for protection and shine of the paint.

C-Magic looks like one option

Also, looking for feedback on polishers

Is the cyclo 5 really worth the $$ or should I just do it by hand.

I have used cheap single head polishers in the past and was generally unimpressed with results

Thanks for your feedback

John;shrug

Torch red finish

I just purchased a c5 in torch red and want to know what the best, hopefully reasonably easy product is for protection and shine of the paint.

C-Magic looks like one option

John, mes.from my phone,STOP! short. STOP! No machine buffing! More later today when I get to my computer..

Welcome to Corvette Action Center.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom