Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member From Colorado

Red Vette

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
08 VR Convertible 2014 TR Coupe
Thought I'd introduce myself as I have been reading the forum for quite sometime, but have never logged in as I could not find my password. Have it now thanks to the administrator. My nickname is Bsquared since 1955 and I live in the mountains, elevation 8600 feet, of Colorado above Denver. I own two red corvettes, a 94 convertible and 02 coupe, both 6 speeds (all corvettes should be red per James Schefter). Owned corvettes since my college days in 1950s and 60s: 54 - white, 56 - 4 speed, 63 swc, 64 365 coupe, 66 427 coupe and 427 convertible, and 91 convertible. Except for 54, all convertibles had/have auxillary hard tops. Wish I still had them all. It is very difficult for me to part with a corvette.

Still working full time in Federal Law Enforcement in forensics, both civil and criminal, even though I am beyond retirement years. Still conduct investigations, participate in search warrants, and testify in court. But it will all end next year as I will retire to spend more time with my hobbies, especially corvettes and old-time radio shows (have about 40,000 shows). Great to listen to while driving to/from work in my vettes and on aircraft.

As I said, I have read the forum for quite some time and enjoy the banter that goes on, and some of the info is really helpful. Maybe I will be able to share some of my insights whenever I can. Will try to post pictures of my vettes once I figure it out. Butenough for now as I want to watch the baseball playoffs, my other passion.

Welcome to the CAC!

Enjoy!

Welcome!

Welcome to the :CAC and congrats on your upcoming retirement:upthumbs

Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum :CAC

Always good to have a fellow Coloradon. By now, you are aware the CAC Cruisefest 2007 will be held in Colorado Springs. This is a must do event. I went to my first (Cruisefest III) in Bowling Green last June. A very good time and some great people.

I, too, have some old radio shows on reel-to-reel. Mostly "the Shadow". Buried somewhere in a box. I'll try to get my hands on them (at least, by Cruisefest) and you are welcome to check them out. I note your pause of the late 1st gen ('57-'62) Corvettes. Any particular reason? Myself, I like those cars, the flat steering wheels, the grilles, bumpers and taillights. Just curious is all.

Again, welcome and enjoy!

Rick
:gap

Always good to have a fellow Coloradon. By now, you are aware the CAC Cruisefest 2007 will be held in Colorado Springs. This is a must do event. I went to my first (Cruisefest III) in Bowling Green last June. A very good time and some great people.

^ What he said! Welcome to the CAC from your neighbor in Parker!

:w
-Patrick

welcome to CAC!!!! glad to hear you been enjoying the forums!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the :CAC from an ex-Denver guy.

:w
Guy

Welcome to the CAC- and I'll echo the "hope to see you in Colorado Springs in 07" sentiment.

BSquared... sounds interesting. Tell me about your nickname.

Tammy

p.s. I believe all vettes should be 6 speeds, so you're safe on all counts.

I, too, have some old radio shows on reel-to-reel. Mostly "the Shadow". Buried somewhere in a box. I'll try to get my hands on them (at least, by Cruisefest) and you are welcome to check them out. I note your pause of the late 1st gen ('57-'62) Corvettes. Any particular reason? Myself, I like those cars, the flat steering wheels, the grilles, bumpers and taillights. Just curious is all.

Again, welcome and enjoy!

Rick

Thanks for the welcome. I expected it as the members make new members feel at home and take time to say so in the forum.

Hope to make Cruisefest III next year. Never plan that far in advance tho. Spent many days visiting C Springs Air Force Academy as my nephew was a cadet until he graduated in 2005 as a 2ND Lt. Myself, I was a Commander. His other uncles are Admirals.

Don't dig out the Shadow shows for me as I probably have them.

As for the C1 vettes, I love them too, but they leak, especially at the mid windshield air vent. Always checked under the floor mats for wet carpet when my friends were interested in purchasing used C1s. The C2 design is awesome and I wish I still had several of them, but my garage is full (six spaces). I do need 4 wheel drives for snow country.

Also am member of the National Corvette Museum and was a charter member of the National Council Of Corvette Clubs when I was in the St Louis and KC clubs in the 50s and 60s.

Thanks again for the welcome; now it is my turn to welcome others.

Welcome to the CAC- and I'll echo the "hope to see you in Colorado Springs in 07" sentiment.

BSquared... sounds interesting. Tell me about your nickname.

Tammy

p.s. I believe all vettes should be 6 speeds, so you're safe on all counts.

Thanks for the welcome Tammy. My nickname is for my initials; I started using it in highschool in the mid 50s and it stuck through college, the service and in my career.

p.s. 6 speeds are great, but the 4 speeds in the early models were terrific also. I was at Road America in the early 60s when Hap Sharp first drove the Chapparal with the auto transmission. Made the trip in my 56 red vette. The Chapparal was quite a racing machine.

WECOME TO CAC

Welcome to CORVETE ACTION CENTER Red Vette glad you could join us.

Bill :w

The Chapparal was quite a racing machine.[/quote]

Wow-I remember those cars. Built a model of one as a kid. Really liked them. I wonder how many were actually built, and how many exist today? I believe they were GM's response to Carroll Shelby's Cobra. Neat cars.

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom