Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member from Los Angeles

Ed's 1970

Corvette
1970 Stingray coupe
Hello all,
I am 41 years old and I just purchased my first corvette. It is a 1970 Stingray, 350 small-block, 4spd, a dark candy apple red (almost burgandy), aftermarket rims, sidepipes. I kind of wanted a big-block, but could not afford it right now....maybe later on.

I am a big chevy fan. You just can't beat the small and big block chevy's, they're great.

My interest in the older corvettes started a few years ago, and has peaked lately. I don't know what it is about this car, but I am very attracted to it. I have no interest in the later models. This car seemed to be ahead of its time with independent suspension, fiberglass body, 4 piston caliper brakes, etc.

My other car is a '94 Camaro Z28. It is quite a car. It has around 600 horsepower from a blown 355 LT1 and handles great. I don't expect the '70 to come close to it performance wise, but the '70 seems to have such historical value to it. And looks easy to work on!

I don't have the car yet, it is going to be delivered in a few weeks. I am really excited about it. I have read some threads on this site, and they were very helpful.

Ed

Hey Ed,
Welcome to the CAC.
The chrome bumper sharks are my favorite style of all time. That's what they have an abundance of ... STYLE :cool.

Congratulations, and please post photos when your vette arrives.

Tammy

Welcome to the CAC and congratulations on your new C3!

Enjoy!

:Steer

Welcome to CAC!!hope you enjoy the vette and the forums!!!!1

Welcome and have fun. :)

CharlieVetteKemah.jpg

Welcome to the CAC!

:w
-Stefan

We have a few Z28's around here. Here is a :w from one (stock 97).. :)

I'm a Chevy guy from way back. My first car was a '68 Nova with a straight six. My older sister owned a '63 Impala with a 283 matched to a powerglide. Alas, one day she totaled that Impala. Quite a feat considering it was "almost" indestructible. But hey, I now had access to a V-8! Oh yeah, it quite improved the appeal of "The Nova". Geez, now I had OTJT (on the job training) and completely revamped the Nova. V-8, powerglide! Now I'm cruising! Now everybody wanted that Nova. I sold it at a tidy profit. But at today's dollars, only pennies.

I went on to Camaro's, mostly Z-28's. They were easy to modify and there were quite a few to be had. If I had known about today's value for older stock Camaros I would have bought a warehouse full. But hey, live and learn.

Besides my C5, I also have an '89 IROC-Z convertible which I purchased from the original owner. It has 63,000 miles on it. I've mentioned selling it but my wife loves that car. I say to her "Oh C'mon dear! We could have another Vette"!

Save the Wave,
:w

Welcome to the :CAC Ed! Hopefully the next few weeks will just fly by before your C3 arrives. Congratulations!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, nice to have you aboard.

Bill :w

Thanks for the welcome everyone! That was very nice.

Does anyone know if I can run sidepipes in CA, I heard it is illegal to run them here. My car comes with them! My thought is that since they let narley davidsons run rampant around here, it should not be a big deal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom