Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member greetings

bodymanpop

Corvette
1981 red on red
:happyanim:Hello my name is John I live in Delaware Ohio. I'm 62. Body Tech for 47 years. I'm what I consider a foster owner. My passion is finding Corvettes that need some love. When I purchase a Corvette I always say this is the one I'm keeping. Soon after I have to find another to restore. My first Corvette I owned was at six years old. It was a go cart with a 61 fiberglass body. Been hooked ever since. Soon I will be posting for some information about my 81 two tone St Louis car. I will be keeping this car...LOL. John

Yo ! & yes they are addicting.In July I'll be 65,not quite ready to hang up the wrenches yet.

Welcome to the CAC

We have a good group of '81 owners on here. Anything you want just ask.

Tom

Welcome aboard! :w That's cool that you are saving these gems. Keep it up. And yes, as Tom said, we have a good bunch of 81 owners here. :thumb

1981 St louis two tone

We have a good group of '81 owners on here. Anything you want just ask.

Tom
Tom I believe I have one of the St Louis 2 tone cars. My cousin owned the car for 33 years. All original with 58k miles. I need some info on how the car was painted. It will help me prove that the car is legit. As I understand the car went through the paint line and after they were sent back to be two toned. It has one paint code which is normal. Nor will it be on the build sheet.The car has enamel clear on it the paint is lacquer. Red on red. It has the cross flag emblems on the driver seat and rocker moldings. This was a marking for the St Louis two tone cars. NCRS will not commit 100% that it is original paint. They don't really have another to compare it to because there is only one other. They felt there was around 100 of the cars that GM execs were aloud to be order. Another ncrs guy felt there were fewer than that because they just aren't showing up. I think I know why. I was ready to paint, then I did some research. If anyone has any info please help me out. Thanks John

welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!
a St Louis two-tone!!!!
very cool!!!!!:thumb:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom