Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new member intro

hobbyhouse

Corvette
original owner of 70 vette coupe and 01 red coupe
Hi everyone. I'm Jay and have had a corvette continuously since 1961. My first Vette was a used 60 with a 3 speed tranny no heater or defroster and had a liftoff top. It was silver with a 283 ci engine and it ran great. I eventually had the engine built to a 302 and had a 4 speed installed. I kept that car till I got a fairly new 67 coupe, 427 big block, 400hp, hydraulic lifter engine with tripower setup. That was a fun machine that kept me broke buying gas to the point that I had the tripower carbs and manifold removed and installed a Quadrajet 4 barell carb manifold setup. That car was a 4 speed with air conditioning and power windows and black leather interior, and also had power steering and power disc brakes all around. The exterior was a dark metallic green with a white racing center stripe on the hood and roof and rear deck set off by pinstrips on either side of the white center stripe. It was beautiful and very fast! I believe it had 3.90 or 4,11 rear end gears. Sure wish I had known what that car would have been worth today! I traded that car because my wife couldn't get used to the manual tranny, so I bought a new 70 vette, in yellow, with automatic tranny and air and leather and power everything and I still have that car with over 100,000 miles on it. I have added a 700R4 tranny for the overdrive and it has been refinished a couple times and it's due again if I can ever afford to do so again. I'm getting too old to do a lot of the work that I used to do. In 83 I ordered and got the first of the "new C3" corvettes. I kept the 84 till the 86's came out and kept the 86 till 91. In 91 I got my first bright red vette and I kept it till 99 when I actually went back to a conventional car, a SS, 6 speed Z-28 camaro in Hugger Orange paint. What a hot rod that was. Once again my wife hated the 6 speed and that lead to my "01, C5 Vette, automatic full power everything that still goes like crazy and I love the car and it's handling and braking and it's great looks and comfort! I have a street rod, a glass 34 Ford 3 window coupe which I bought in 2003 when I retired from running my own hobby shop for 28 years . The "34" was built from a "street Beast Kit by an aquaintance of mine and he reached the age where he wasn't running it any more so I had the opportunity to buy it at a reasonable price and it's one of those car things I've always wanted to do. I've been slowly making it to my liking and I hope that I can keep it for a few more years. It is Chevy powered with a mild 350 and a 700R4 tranny and a 8.8 Ford rearend suspended in coilover shocks and a Mustang II front end and disc brakes and air. It's bright yellow and really shines. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Jay R

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
Welcome to the :CAC !!

Sounds as though you've had some good Vettes... that '67 sounds awesome!

Enjoy the forums!
:wJane Ann

hoosierdaddy

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER Jay; glad you found us. Sounds like you know your way around the Vette world for sure :beer

Bill :w

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Welcome aboard, Jay! Love that you've owned that 70 since new, always great to see that.

- Eric:w

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome
enjoy!!!!!!!!

hobbyhouse

Corvette
Thanks for the welcome Erik. That's a good looking ride. I wish my 70 had the LT-1 engine. I've sometimes thought of having one built for it, but something always seems to get in the way. Again thanks for the Hello! Jay R

hobbyhouse

Corvette
Hi Bill and Gail. I appreciate the welcome and I look forward to finding new and interesting Vette stuff at CAC. Jay R

Corvette
2002 Yellow Z06 (sold); 1999 Pewter FRC (sold)
Jay, welcome to the CAC. That's quite a history you have- and very neat that you've never been without a vette since your first one. :cool

Tammy

hobbyhouse

Corvette
Hi Tammy. Thanks for the welcome. I've been fortunate to be able to hang on to a Vette all these years and I've made sacrafices to have been able to have the cars like I have now. I guess I'm just a "motor head", just can't help myself. Looking forward to my association to CAC. Best wishes and thanks again for the "hello". Jay R

hoosierdaddy

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
You welcome; if you don't find it here it not worth finding! This is the best Corvette sight known to men & women who share the sleek line, beauty & raw horse power of the "All Ameican Sports Car" the Corvette :thumb of course! The members are the best bar none :beer

Stay in touch,

Bill :w

hobbyhouse

Corvette
Hi Bill. I appreciate the welcome and I'm already enjoying the friendship extended from so many of the members. Jay R

hobbyhouse

Corvette
Hi Stefan. Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forwaed to the many interesting parts od CAC. Jay R

BlackZ51Vett

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom