Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member needs advice on Callaway purchase!

BOCG

Corvette
1989 Callaway TT Black/Black Coupe #37
Just joined, and would really appreciate some help. I have been searching for a vette for months, and have finally come across a very interesting car. I should start by saying that I am an American expat living in the UK which is where the car is currently. It is a 1989 Callaway TT car #037, black/black/6sp, in beautiful condition...owned by a collector I'm told.

It is a direct conversion, stock vehicle with most options. It has 10k miles and is one owner car. Should be able to buy it for around $32-34k.

Question is how worried should I be about the non B2K issue? Assuming I can verify car with Callaway, do you feel the value is similar to B2K designated models?

I plan to bring the car back to the US in a couple of years and would like to make sure it will remain a good investment in addition to a fantastic car! Thanks for your help.

As per Reeves Callaway they are all B2K's at a discussion we have had over the subject. Often dealers sent Callaway cars that they had in inventory brand new. Also check out WWW.Callawayownersgroup.com There is FAQ on the subject and what to look for. Good Luck if you decide to take the leap the power is very addicting.....
BOCG said:
Just joined, and would really appreciate some help. I have been searching for a vette for months, and have finally come across a very interesting car. I should start by saying that I am an American expat living in the UK which is where the car is currently. It is a 1989 Callaway TT car #037, black/black/6sp, in beautiful condition...owned by a collector I'm told.

It is a direct conversion, stock vehicle with most options. It has 10k miles and is one owner car. Should be able to buy it for around $32-34k.

Question is how worried should I be about the non B2K issue? Assuming I can verify car with Callaway, do you feel the value is similar to B2K designated models?

I plan to bring the car back to the US in a couple of years and would like to make sure it will remain a good investment in addition to a fantastic car! Thanks for your help.

BOCG, Welcome to the
cog.gif
Forum at the :CAC

What Callaway4Fun stated about B2K cars vs. Direct Conversion cars is true and yes, Reeves Callaway has said on numerous times that he considers no difference between the two :cool

One of my personal favorite Callaway Corvettes just happens to be a "Direct Conversion car", as roughly 20% of production was built this way :cool

Here is that cars story: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/COTM/2003September/cotm.htm

Surf, Malc's car was a 1990 - but it was black/black :cool - http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/COTM/2003June/cotm.htm

As Callaway4Fun mentioned, the resources at www.callawayownersgroup.com are the best there are :upthumbs The tabs in particular for your questions are the "BUYERS GUIDE" and "PRODUCTION NUMBERS" tabs.

Again - welcome!

Looking forward to hearing more about the car - Chris

p.s. In this thread, post #47, there is a Black / Black 1989 that may be of interest to compare - http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73576&page=4 I hope this helps - cc.

Yep, no that is not Malc`s old car. It`s safely here in Finland
and not going to sell it for anything :)

Like to say "hey" to everybody, I have been lurking
in this forum quite some time, long before I bought my own
Callaway :D

thanks everyone...I will let you know how it turns out. If I get the car I am sure I will need lots more help.

heimo huima said:

:beer welcome aboard!

BOCG,
An 89 Black Black 6 speed, Gee, that's what I have, Rare? Yes! Lowest Production year and Euro export! Go For it!
Kruzmisl

heimo huima said:

Sounds like YOU bought Malc's B2K :cool

Here is more on Malc's car: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/COTM/2003June/cotm.htm

cal2002_0618_200532aa.jpg

89 callaway TT

Definitely not malc's. It is an 1989 with most options and stock body. Number 37 of 68 with the wonderbar option, 6sp and 10k miles. Hopefully will have it in a week or so...very nice car! Thanks for your help, I am sure I will have lots more questions/challenges with this beauty as time goes on.

I like to think of direct conversion cars as the rarer of the production twin turbo cars. ;) In effect they are all direct conversion cars or "tuner" cars since Callaway did the work and not GM. However, Callaway is the only tuner that ever got their own production RPO code (B2K) so that a factory order could be placed for one.

90Callaway said:
I like to think of direct conversion cars as the rarer of the production twin turbo cars. ;) In effect they are all direct conversion cars or "tuner" cars since Callaway did the work and not GM. However, Callaway is the only tuner that ever got their own production RPO code (B2K) so that a factory order could be placed for one.

...and have I mentioned lately how much I love THIS (Direct Conversion) car!!!!! :upthumbs :cool

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom