Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

greasegizzard

Corvette
Just thought I'd introduce myself. Name is joe from Colorado. My wife's dad left her his 2007 white Corvette convertible. It was before we met, so I don't know much about it. Or cars in general. My little bit of knowledge is on my truck. I do know it's the base model. And needs a set of tires and either an alternator or starter. I'm looking forward to being on the forum. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Name is joe from Colorado. My wife's dad left her his 2007 white Corvette convertible. It was before we met, so I don't know much about it. Or cars in general. My little bit of knowledge is on my truck. I do know it's the base model. And needs a set of tires and either an alternator or starter. I'm looking forward to being on the forum. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center! :w

Welcome, and have fun. You can get about any information about your C6 here. Enjoy!:thumb

I'm a little ashamed of it right now. Or more accurately, myself for letting it get so dirty. It needs to be washed and I need to polish the wheels. Just hard to put the time in for that when I can't even drive it.

Hi Joe.

Sad to hear that your wife's father passed but hopefully his Corvette will provide a connection to him she can come to enjoy.
You'll find lots of useful info and knowledgeable people here.

Welcome!
:wJane Ann

Looking forward to it. I need to get a battery and a set of tires. I've heard Michelin Pilots are good. What do you guys prefer? Also, is there a difference in performance or handling between run-flat tires and regular ones?

Welcome to CAC!!
enjoy!!!!

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

I'm a little ashamed of it right now. Or more accurately, myself for letting it get so dirty. It needs to be washed and I need to polish the wheels. Just hard to put the time in for that when I can't even drive it.

Welcome to the group, the staff and members are the BEST of the BEST :thumb

Bill :w

Looking forward to it. I need to get a battery and a set of tires. I've heard Michelin Pilots are good. What do you guys prefer? Also, is there a difference in performance or handling between run-flat tires and regular ones?

Michelin's are a cut above in my opinion bet you will pay more. The debate is endless on ZP (zero pressure) tires and non run flats. Mostly you will find the non runflats ride better and cost less. You have to decide if you want to risk getting stranded or not. I have non ZP tires on mine and pack some tire fix in a can and a small compressor....When these wear out I will probably go back to a set of Michlins......which cost 2100 bucks the Nitto Invo's I have now were around 1200 dollars if I recall.

Oh yeah...don't get get a cheap battery for your car. It's important to stay with the quality and power that was originally issued.

Last edited:
Hi,

That looks like a good price from Tire Rack. I doubt if you'll get anything cheaper. I've replaced the original Goodyear tires on two C6 convertible and also a 2002 convertible. The ride is far superior and less noisy than the Goodyears.

Also, if you are not mechanically inclined, I'd suggest getting in touch, and perhaps joining, a local Corvette club. You'll find lots of information from the people in your area as far as your Corvette goes.

Welcome!

Elaine

To each their own. . . . . . . Non Run Flats vs. Runflats

I think the evidence is out there that runflats are noisier for sure but I like the ideal of not getting standed with the runflats. I know you can carry fix-a-flat and a samll compressor but not my cup of tea ;shrug and not sure that will take care of it anyway :eyerole

Finally got around to ordering a set. Went with Michelin Pilot Sports. Hopefully they'll be on tomorrow or Thursday. Now if we can just get some decent weather one weekend I'll get it all cleaned up the way it deserves.

Finally got around to ordering a set. Went with Michelin Pilot Sports. Hopefully they'll be on tomorrow or Thursday. Now if we can just get some decent weather one weekend I'll get it all cleaned up the way it deserves.

Bet these we're cheap; are you taking run flat tires off :duh

I bought them at the tire place here on Fort Carson. They weren't exactly cheap...but about normal for other places I was checking. And yes, these are not run flats.

I bought them at the tire place here on Fort Carson. They weren't exactly cheap...but about normal for other places I was checking. And yes, these are not run flats.

Get a tire inflation kit. Air compressor and plug kit might come in handy also.

Hi Joe! Welcome to the CAC! Enjoy the Vette when the weather warms up.........lot of interesting roads and places
to go in Colorado, THAT'S FOR SURE! I was stationed at Fort Carson in 1967 when the 5th ID was there, and I'll bet
that I wouldn't even recognize the place now.
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom