Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Delta98C5

Corvette
stock 98 C5 pewter 145K miles
Hello , I finally took the time to join here and I'm sorry it took so long. I've read many great posts here over the last couple of years as I've had little issues with my car or for things I was curious about. My car is a pewter stock 98 coupe with around 145,000 miles. It's had some body parts replaced on it but it runs great and looks pretty good too - it's a driver for sure. I live in the greater New Orleans area but the car came from north of Tampa originally. This is my first Corvette (I'm 55 now) and I'll have had it for 3 years as of this December. Recently I got stranded about 20 miles from home and had to get it hauled home on a flat bed. Hagerty really came through very well for me on that one . I was actually home in a little over two hours from the time I called them . It gave me the old " Reduced engine power" conundrum:L . After discovering it could be a whole slew or complicated problems it turned out to be the battery. I have to admit I'm still kind of confused as to how it can start and everything seems to work except that it ran like total crap and had no throttle at all . I'm not the most mechanically inclined person especially where the electronics are concerned. I'm realizing that I probably should look into getting a battery tender of some sort. I also own a 65 Corvair 500 four door with 41K original miles on it .

Welcome !

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom