Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

calawyclif

Corvette
89-056 red aerobody TT
Hello everyone.......I am so glad I found this forum...89-056 TT aerobody w/ 17,000 miles here, original owner....I'm lucky to be in CT.....I've been on the site for a little while , but couldnt post because of my aol.....

Welcome aboard, your Callaway sounds wonderful ... good thing you ditched the aol :m

Tammy

:w Hello and welcome to the Corvette Action Center.....Enjoy !!

Welcome to the greatest place for Callaway owners and enthusiasts to interact online...

-Luigi
:cool

Welcome to the CAC! Callaway owners and enthusiasts are well represented here and I think you'll enjoy getting to know them.

We CAN'T WAIT to see pictures of your Callaway, so post away when you're able.

:w Jane Ann

Welcome Friend
We are Happy you found your way to the Callaway Forum. We are here to help you and bench race as much as possible! I hope to see you and your wonderful ride at Carlisle this year and you are welcome to participate in our crazy antics (creeper races and other fun activities ) while at the show. Maybe Chris will post a pic or 2 from last year. Good Luck and thanks for joining the forum.
:w

thanx for the warm welcome....hopefully I'll be around for Carlisle.....I'm in europe for a few weeks in august and not sure I'll be back in time..keep my fingers crossed..I've missed the last few years so I'm overdue..I'll get some pictures and post( once I figure it out- LOL )

calawyclif said:
thanx for the warm welcome....hopefully I'll be around for Carlisle.....I'm in europe for a few weeks in august and not sure I'll be back in time..keep my fingers crossed..I've missed the last few years so I'm overdue..I'll get some pictures and post( once I figure it out- LOL )

Clif, welcome to the Callaway Forum for the
cog.gif
at the :CAC :upthumbs

From one red AeroBody B2k owner to another :m

Here is the thread on Corvettes at Carlisle:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81323

We have spaces reserved for our group on the Fun Field - mention "CallawayOwnersGroup" when you register, so they know where to put you at :cool

I look forward to meeting you and glad you found our internet "home" :w
- Chris

MagicDragon said:
Welcome Friend
We are Happy you found your way to the Callaway Forum. We are here to help you and bench race as much as possible! I hope to see you and your wonderful ride at Carlisle this year and you are welcome to participate in our crazy antics (creeper races and other fun activities ) while at the show. Maybe Chris will post a pic or 2 from last year. Good Luck and thanks for joining the forum.
:w

Turbo Joe - here are a few pics: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/

img_1626.jpg
img_1628.jpg

img_1682.jpg

Greetings Calawyclif,
From 89- #17 the best year of course! What color and equipment are you sporting? Also we love hearing early and delivery stories, etc! Welcome

Welcome!

Are you planning to bring your Callaway to Carlisle in August?

Regards,
Don

Welcome to the board! I wonder what kind of AOL problems you had. Spam filter on the email?

I use AOL, but I also look at this messageboard on my Firefox browser instead of AOL about half of the time. No real problems with AOL though.

Welcome CallawayClif! It will be great to hear from an original owner who's car was only 3 ahead of mine at Old Lyme. Hope we can be helpful! :upthumbs Ike

wow ...thanx for all the replys..really feel welcome and like I found some new friends already...sorry sometimes I get real busy ( real estate broker) and I dont get a chance to respond..but I do check the site every day..LOL

Aol..just sucked..couldnt view alot of the pictures or post most of the time so I quit trying after awhile..

about my car..where do I begin.. i was fortunate to be in ct close to callaway cars...my car was one of the first aerobody cars, i dont know if any of you remember Tobe Batte, he actually told me to wait because the first batch of 5 were really tough to work with..missing fins to attach, etc. so I left my car at callaway for like 9 months until they fixed most of the little things..when I picked it up it had like 900 + miles on it..they used it as there test mule so to speak..I let them of course..my car was used alot in the photos for some of the big name magazines...even in 91 when the new cars came out I got a phone call to see if they could use my car for the photos..ready all we did was change the hood from a 91 car that wasnt quite ready and used my car..it was exciting for me I bought the car when I was only 19 so I was on top of the world

sorry about the lengthy post..just real excited to be here....anyway I was young and the car was to quiet for me so I had callaway put on a custom exhaust with megaphones. had to wait forever 4 the megaphones actually threw on flowmaster mufflers(which sucked) at the time while I was waiting. my car now is as loud as a harley and I love it..especially when you are rippin in full boost, I have a wonderbar also..I know alot of the TT cars on the site from going to callaway so much in the late 80's and early 90's. my 2 regrets, almost bought a speedster and almost bought a 500 car with the ozrims and oh god z06 or z07 suspension option for 91 cant remember..all i know is there was very few TT cars with that suspension option..very few....originally my car was ordered as a dark blue convt hardtop aerobody then I went to callaway and they had the red and black prototypes there and I fell in love and somehow GM okayed my change to a red coupe. it was several weeks after I ordered the car and they were not sure they could do it, but they did.I love my car, but boy do I regret not having a really rare blue 89 hardtop car.oh well. look forward to meeting lots of u..i guess i am going to have to make it carlisle no matter what..once i fix my alternator..LOL

Ike I know your car....I actually orderd one just like it except blue...also remember back then if I'm not mistaken your car was orderd after their deadline for 89...I'll never forget this. the cutoff was 5/31/1989 to order a car for 89 or you had to wait for a 90 model year. my car was ordered on 5/25/89. they let a couple of orders after the deadline sneak in I think yours might be one of those lucky cars. I was trying to get the last one but coudnt pull it off..LOL. You have a great ride..really rare too..very few hardtop cars were ordered. actually still have the itch to buy a hardtop convt auto car. I think only 2 were built. hope to meet you someday at one of the shows.

Wow, 19 and a Callaway? You lucky dog! Have any pictures of the car? Or of you and the car when you finally got to see it delivered or what-not?

I'm 21 (today! Where's my birthday topic? :L) and I'm still working up the funds for a Callaway C8. Actually, for that matter, I'm working up the funds for a Camaro Z28 donor car. :ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom