Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Performance parts and a Dyno tune.

Idaho Slim

Corvette
1996 LT1- Blk/Blk. 1996 LT4 - White/Blk
Added a 52mm TBI, 1.6 rockers & rods, new MAS sensor (cuz the old one was toast - I over oiled it) and a new fuel pump. 1996 LT-1, had the SLP intake already (which was a 16 hp jump last year), smooth intake sleeves, and stock exhaust except for Magnaflows. Was plesantly surprised, 277 h.p. at the rear wheels from a 17 year old, 108,000 mile motor. The shop, "Powerlabs" my sponsor, said these older LT-1's usually put out 230-240, so we dun good ! Can't wait to get her to the track next month 😛😛

Good Deal! Sounds like you got a healthy gain over stock.

My 93 w/63K made 246 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno, basically bone stock, no intake, or roller rockers and such.

Good Deal! Sounds like you got a healthy gain over stock.

My 93 w/63K made 246 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno, basically bone stock, no intake, or roller rockers and such.

Long tube headers next Rubie. :D:D

Very surprised at your 1/8 time, that's much faster than mine, (9.23 best at 5400' track) how are you hitting that, gearing? What elevation?:w

Stock ZF6, Stock 3.45, track elevation is approx. 1400ft.
The 60' time helps with that 1/8th mile time.
Sad part is there is more in it. I estimate with excellent driving at my home track, 13.2's are possible to run on a consistent basis. Gotta get that 60' down about a tenth or so. Next year, I have to rebuild the rear end this winter.

Yes, long tubes are a plan for the distant future, I'm heavily into auto-x now and that is one mod I'm allowed in SCCA BSP class. BSP is one of the few classes C4's can play in and be competative. However, it takes time and money to get a car prepped to a national level, mine will only be about half prepped. Nonetheless, its fun.

That is way kewl ! One of my sponsors asked if I was interested in the Auto-X arena, might try it. But for now the drags is where I am spending my time and money. You have 3.45's, that's the difference (vs. my 3.07's), which is a mod I am considering for the future (you have seen my posts inquiring). For now, power mods to stay in my division times > 8.59 and hope to take it to a National event :D:D My LT4 had 3.45's and when I could keep it from breaking out traction wise, would run 8.5's @ 5500' so the gear is major.

Last edited:
As you well know the 3.45's are the common rear end gear for manual transmission cars.
Best of luck with your project. Drag racing is a lot of fun. I need to get down and make a few passes just for fun. Have not done it yet this year.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom