Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New repro fuel pump assys

Hib Halverson

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
Corvette
71 04 12 19
Hi all-

I just learned about a new source for complete 2G ZR-1 fuel pump assemblies at a reasonable price. My initial research shows they are a new reproduction piece. They come fully assembled and have original-style GM green strainers, the correct electric fuel pumps, pulsator, and the proper floats which will provide proper fuel gauge readings.

They're said to have updated resistors which are compliant with oxygenated and alcohol-blended gasolines

They're manufactured by Delphi and fit all 90-95s. I'm trying to get a set to test in Barney, my purple '95.

In the meantime, see:
1990-1995 Corvette LT5 Gas Tank Sending Unit (Meter)|Gas Tank & Sending Unit|

The pump assy came yesterday. I installed it today. Before I put it in, I set the old one and the new one side-by-side. There is very little difference. The fuel level sensor is different on the reproduction unit and one of the clamps holding the hose to the pump outlet is different. Other than that, they're identical.

I checked the fuel pressure on both pumps...it's in spec. I road tested the car after the installation with no problems at any fuel flow.

I'll run the new pumps for a couple of months then report back.

Bottom line so far, the Zip Products reproduction ZR-1 fuel pump assembly, virtually duplicates the stock unit. It takes about half an hour to install.

Thanks Hib, I like when people try a new part and give honest feedback on the parts and the service.!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom