Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Seat Covers from Mid America Motorworks

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
I did something at CruiseFest this year I hadn't planned on. I purchased a set of seat covers. All I can say is that they are awesome.

The people here at Mid-America Motorworks have been so kind, cordial, caring, and helpful, I really want and need to thank them for making CAC CruiseFest a success. They have made my wife and I feel very “at home”. Yesterday (Friday afternoon 6/11) we came back from the lunch at Mike and Laurie Yeager’s house and were headed for the back room where the tech seminars were being held.

Right out front of the museum/gift shop they had set up a bunch of the clearance items. Rosie wanted me to look at some items there. As I walked into the area I see a set of custom leather seat covers that caught my eye……light oak with magnetic red accents listed at about ½ the normal price. I stopped and looked them over pretty well, looking for obvious defects, then notice that they were returned (unused/uninstalled) because they had the wrong color stitching ( they had what appeared to be mag red stitching). Well I contemplated and decided no.

Saturday, when we return to the MAM campus, I walk by again and looked at them again and asked to take it out to the car and take a look. I’m trying to convince myself the red didn’t match the Mag Red paint of the car. Rosie looks and says she thinks it matches really well. So I go back and talk to Ken Yeager (Mike’s Brother who is in charge of the clearance items) and ask him about ‘bottom dollar’ and he throws me “one heck of a deal” installed.

So I take them up on it and we head to the install center, where I meet up with Scott Bohannon and Matt Daniels. Scott is Mid-America Motorworks/Performance Choice Director of Manufacturing, Matt is the interior installer. Both Scott and Matt had put on two seminars on Friday and I realized that they are absolutely professionals, and I felt very easy about allowing them to tackle my new cover install. Matt assured me, on Friday, that I could do the job when I talked to him. However I just felt better about having him do the install.

Within a few minutes of pulling the car into the installation bay the seats were removed. It was determined that I really needed a couple pieces of new foam. I go back to the museum where I purchase the pieces that I need. The seat foam and the halo piece on the back, of the driver’s seat were broken down to the point of big holes on them.

Once they had the seats out, I stand by to watch Matt start disassembling the passenger seat. The disassembly is pretty straight forward. Matt has the seat back together in no time….well it seemed like no time for me, I’m sure Matt might think differently. Matt worked for about 2 ½ hours doing the two seats. The final result is phenomenal. Everyone who has seen them has raged about them.

My thanks to Mike, Ken, Scott, Matt, and all the staff at Mid America Motorworks for the most satisfying experience and customer service I’ve encountered in a long time. If you have the opportunity to visit MAM, I highly recommend it. If you need interior work, carpets, seat covers, any other soft coverings, Mid America Motorworks in Effingham, Ill. are the ones to see.

If this sounds like an advertisement for Mid America Motorworks, I certainly apologize. But I will offer no apology for the quality of the product, install or service….it is top notch.

Here the seats are out of the car ready for dis-assembly.

Cruisefest2010072.jpg

Here is Scott (Bohannon) starting the dis-assembly cutting the hog rings.
Cruisefest2010073.jpg

More hog ring removal.
Cruisefest2010074.jpg

This is Matt (Daniels) removing the bezel from the release on the back of the seat.
Cruisefest2010075.jpg

Matt removing the power seat controls. As you can see, this project drew lots of attention.
Cruisefest2010076.jpg

The seat bottom removed. Bottom part of center section is loose.
Cruisefest2010077.jpg

The center back section removed.
Cruisefest2010078.jpg

The old covers off and the foam on the frame ready for the new covers. Yes that is the class clown back there....Hi, Tom (Bryant)
Cruisefest2010079.jpg

The new outer back (halo) portion of the cover being put on. Gregory (LT4Man is looking on)
Cruisefest2010080.jpg

Here Matt is putting the foam into the center back portion. Amazingly simple.
Cruisefest2010081.jpg

The seat bottom is velcroed to the foam.
Cruisefest2010082.jpg

Here, Matt pulls the seat bottom into place. That is Barrett (Red Vette) listening intently.
Cruisefest2010083.jpg

The bottom flap is pulled through between the seat and back and hog ringed to itself.
Cruisefest2010084.jpg

Matt is pulling the bolster around the foam and working the wrinkles out.
Cruisefest2010086.jpg

The halo is attached and pulled tightly. Center section is almost ready for installation, lower part of headrest needs to be zipped. Scott is standing by in case Matt needs a hand.
Cruisefest2010087.jpg

The center section has been started. It is zippered to the halo.
Cruisefest2010089.jpg

The seat nearly completed. The bezel being re-installed.
Cruisefest2010090.jpg

The power seat controls are re-installed. Barrett making sure that Matt does it right. ;)
Cruisefest2010091.jpg

Here is the passenger side seat completed and ready to bolt back into the car.
Cruisefest2010092.jpg

Here is Matt slipping the seat back into the drivers side.
Cruisefest2010093.jpg

Scott is setting the passenger side seat into place.
Cruisefest2010094.jpg

Matt tightens the nuts and makes sure that the electrical connectors are plugged in.
Cruisefest2010095.jpg

The finished product....I am stoked!!!!
Cruisefest2010106.jpg

Sweet!! Looks good Tom! :thumb

I need new seat covers in my 98 as well as the rocking seat fix. One of these days....

As for current repairs needed, I'll let you look up my new thread in the C5 section. :cry

:wJane Ann

VERY NICE! Ya know, I had thought about going black/light oak two tone, but now I don't know. I don't want to be a copycat, but that looks really nice!

Well, I still can't say enough about the seats...after 12 hours driving time in them the last two days, the seats are very comfortable, look great and make my car look very classy (as Rosie puts it).

Hey Rick, if you like them, by all means don't feel like you're copycatting. It would not hurt my feelings one bit if you put the same seats in your car. They really are awesome.

Glad to see you pulled the trigger...
I wasn't sure you were convinced at first (while you were discussing it in the parking lot), but I think they look great.

They really are super-accomodating there. They did a great job on my wife's interior (Snowite), and I am in the process of putting a new set in my '99, as soon as I get the console pieces back from the painter this week.

Congrats.

Bob, thanks for the compliment, I think they look pretty good.

Jay, I was trying to talk myself out of them at that point, thinking I really didn't need to spend those $$$$$. :L But as it turned out it was too good a deal to turn down. I'm really glad that I went ahead and did it. :thumb

I didn't see any of those Jane Ann. :)

I saw you looking at those. I thought they looked pretty cool. They look great in the car.

MAMW staff does great work, maybe Catbert will show a photo of his new console cushion that was custom made for his Ron Fellows Z06. Both yours and Rich's cars are probably struting around with the new upgrades for everyone to see and admire. As it turns out, my supervision was not necessary.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom