Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Street Motor

gsmi837

Corvette
2004 Z-06 Black on Black
Who's building the best bang for your buck strocker motor for a 04 Z-06? I live on the west coast. All legitimate answers will be greatly appreaciated. Thanks, gsmi837

Gsmi,
Are you thinking of replacing the stock engine that came with your '04 Z06? Or just upgrading it? I think unless you have some serious issues that have developed with your stock LS-6, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that can out-build it as designed.

Many members here at CAC have put Superchargers on their C5s, and a few have installed them on their Z06's. Magnuson seems to be popular, but I'm sure you'll get all kinds of opinions on that if you ask.

I'm just curious about what may be wrong with your LS-6.

:w
-Patrick

Here's a guy I know from way back in the 70's.
He worked for AFR and crewed for Kenny Bernstein and Shirley Muldowney on the drag racing circuits.
He might know somebody in your area, or you could bounce some ideas around. World class machinist and engine builder.
Ollie Hellert Machine Works
7540 Valjean Avenue
Nan Nuys, Ca. 91406
Phone: (818) 785 - 7964
Fax: (818) 785 - 7295

I've heard amazing things about Andy at A and A Corvettes www.aacorvette.com. He can do everything from supercharging to brand new stroker motors.

I have an LS2-based 402ci stroker that makes very good power and is completely streetable. Here is pic of the output numbers on an eddy-current dyno (SAE corrected) through an A4/tc:
64197402final.gif

Notice how the torque comes on early and strong... almost like a Magnuson.

And here is a view of the motor:
64197402motor.jpg

All work was done by A&A Corvette in Oxnard. Dick Guldstrand Motorsports in Burbank is also excellent.

Strokers rule! :_rock

If I lived out west, I would definately go to Andy at A&A Corvettes. Andy can do it all.

His bracket design for the ATI procharger is still one of the best fixes for the ATI design belt slipping problems. Just as importantly, I've always heard very good things about the quality of his work and the fact he supports his customers and stands behind his work.

I've learned the hard way that sometimes what appears to be the least expensive up front, doesn't always turn out to be the case in the end nor the best bang for the buck.

Just my $0.02

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom