Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Tight-Clearance Plug Sockets

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
Got plugs that defy conventional plug sockets? Headers that drive you nuts trying to get the plugs out? Got these the other day from Powerhouse Products (Comp Cams subsidiary, www.powerhouseproducts.com); they have a slot in the side so you can turn the socket and slip it over the plug before seating the socket on the plug hex, then you use an open or box wrench on the hex on the end of the socket (the insulator part of the plug fits up inside the hex part of the socket). Black oxide-coated heat-treated stainless, CNC-machined - very nice stuff. They have sets in both 5/8" and 13/16" hex plug sizes, and you get two different lengths. $49.95 for two, and they work. :)

HeaderSockets.JPG

:beer

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeett..!;)

John,
Thank you and very timely for me. I tried changing plugs in my daughter's 2000 Jimmy 4x4 yesterday and got all except middle plug on the left. The steering column runs directly in front of the plug and my plug socket is too long to get the plug out. Called a friend in the business, he said that SOP was to unbolt the column at the steering box. Too late in the day to do that so the old plug is still in place. Was going to get a short "wobble" plug socket today but this looks even better. Will order tonight.
Thaks again!
Mike

MMM said:
John,
Thank you and very timely for me. I tried changing plugs in my daughter's 2000 Jimmy 4x4 yesterday and got all except middle plug on the left. The steering column runs directly in front of the plug and my plug socket is too long to get the plug out. Called a friend in the business, he said that SOP was to unbolt the column at the steering box. Too late in the day to do that so the old plug is still in place. Was going to get a short "wobble" plug socket today but this looks even better. Will order tonight.
Thaks again!
Mike

I had a truck that had a tight plug location. I just took a cheap spark plug socket and with a little time on a dremel made one almost like the pictures above. Not as nice, but cheaper and worked great.

Those are a good idea, but I don't think they'll help my problem with #1 on my 454. With stock exhaust manifolds, there is very, very little room to use any spark plug socket. Even the "thin walled" sockets I've seen don't look thin enough.

Just saw the ad in CHP. Hmmmm.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom