Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Tires and Alignment - horn relay

79 money pit

Corvette
79 Coupe
Just put new tires on and had an alignment done on my 79. What a difference in handling. Now I need to find the location of the horn relay to get the horn working. Ok at steering column.

Just put new tires on and had an alignment done on my 79. What a difference in handling. Now I need to find the location of the horn relay to get the horn working. Ok at steering column.

Your horns are very likely no good so I would test them first. Make sure they are well grounded then apply 12 volts to their HOT terminals.

Your horns are very likely no good so I would test them first. Make sure they are well grounded then apply 12 volts to their HOT terminals.
Horns work with jumping power to them. Replaced the horn button and push pin. Still h thinking relay. Did not see mine above the fuse panel. Thanks for the replies.

The older cars had them on the LH fender if I recall. A new set of tires really makes a difference. I had old dried out 60 series tires on my 69 manual vette years ago. Even though I rebuilt the steering box it was tough to steering in parking situations. I was going to switch over to the power assist setup but wanted new tires first. I went to new 225 70R 15's and it was like I had power assist. I kept it like that.

On my 81 they are in the right and left front corners of the nose.they are a real pain to get put and in

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom